GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this forum & couldn't find anything on this specific issue, so maybe it's a non-issue for everyone else.

I have a 32GB, 3rd Gen, Ipod Touch that I've been using on my 1LT Equinox w/ Vehicle interface, no Nav, no DVD. For the most part, it works fine, but it seems that I have to set up the artist/album/playlist/etc BEFORE I plug it in, because once it's plugged in, if I go to the music screen on my Ipod, the screen turns gray and says "Auxilary Device Attached", and it won't let me change the music. I am able to go forward & back from the radio & steering wheel controls, but if I want to change the album or playlist, I have to unplug it, make the change, then plug it back in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, this doesnt answer your question, but I have a question based on your question.

We are looking into a 2010 NOX 1LT. Is there IPOD connectivity with that? Did you purchase an upgrade? Are you using the lighter outlet?

Good luck with your question.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To get the USB input, you would have to purchase the Vehicle Interface package, which also adds Bluetooth, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel w/ Audio controls & Remote Vehicle start. It's an extra $500, but definitely worth it for all that you get.

If you don't purchase the package, I believe you still get an auxilary input jack, which you can plug any MP3 player in using the headphone jack, but you would not be able to control the music, plus you would need a car charger to recharge the MP3 player/Ipod if you drain the battery.

·
Registered
99 Posts
By Xplrr: So is no one else having this issue??
Sorry, not an iPod user - just don't need it with XM Radio, CD Player, and 40-GB drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TopRowSeat said:
I'll try :)

So lets say you're listening to an album and you want to change.... what button are you pressing?
I would have to unplug the Ipod, find the album I want, then plug it back in. I have no control of the Ipod when it's plugged in other than the 'back' & 'forward' buttons on the steering wheel or stereo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also have no NAV or DVD. You are correct that the iPod locks when you connect it.

With my iPod plugged in I press the Menu/Sel button on the radio and then choose "Search" from that menu.

From there I can choose artist, album, playlist, podcast, audiobook.. whatever.

As a side note... Some people (myself included) sometimes see some blank lines or incorrect information in those screens. Hitting the back button and going back in usually clears that problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't know you could do that. I'll give it a try on the ride home tonight. Thanks for the tip!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It worked!! Thanks guys!! Didn't think Apple would allow that type of control through a product that they didn't sell themselves!! It would be even better if you could do all that through the steering wheel controls, but I won't be greedy...

·
Registered
332 Posts
xplrr said:
It worked!! Thanks guys!! Didn't think Apple would allow that type of control through a product that they didn't sell themselves!! It would be even better if you could do all that through the steering wheel controls, but I won't be greedy...
I can control my iPod touch through the steering wheel controls. I can shuffle up and down on the wheel just as you can on the radio itself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2010Nox said:
I can control my iPod touch through the steering wheel controls. I can shuffle up and down on the wheel just as you can on the radio itself.
I was referring to the menu controls being added to the steering wheel, like changing album/artist/playlist/genre/etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts