GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a 2012 Equinox and today I went to use my 6th generation Ipod Nano in it and it only plays the albums in alphabetical order not numerical order which is kind of annoying to me. Is there something that I'm doing wrong, or need to do differently? All the media on the Nano itself is in the correct order, it's just the equinox puts it in alphabetical order when playing an individual album.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is an annoying "feature" of the radio. The only way I have found to prevent this is to start playing a song before you connect the iPod to the Aux/usb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say that I am very disappointed in the overall performance of the "infotainment" system on my 2012 Terrain SLE-2. When I did my research before I purchased I was led to believe by all the auto show and other such video's and articles that this vehicle would have something that is comparable to Ford's SYNC system. Boy was I wrong. Not only am I not able to play Pandora radio through my Android phone as I saw in video's, the Ipod interface is terrible. I have a Touch 4G and not only does it re-organize my songs in alphabetical order, but it adds 2 or 3 copies of each song when I access the songs through the radio. If I wanted to have it on shuffle I would hit shuffle, other wise I would like to play songs in the order the artist intended based on the way they are ordered on the album. Also, it would be nice to have a "NOW PLAYING" option to go right to the folder where the song is playing from and not have to run through the entire menu again. I am an engineer and understand there are concessions that need to be made when designing things but the corners cut on this particular area of a vehicle where the consumer has very high interaction is flat out insulting. This was the first and likely the last GMC product I purchase based on the lack of "professional" engineering.

Sorry for being a little angry but definetly feel like I was duped. Other wise I actually like the Terrain.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Muss18 said:
I have to say that I am very disappointed in the overall performance of the "infotainment" system on my 2012 Terrain SLE-2. When I did my research before I purchased I was led to believe by all the auto show and other such video's and articles that this vehicle would have something that is comparable to Ford's SYNC system. Boy was I wrong. Not only am I not able to play Pandora radio through my Android phone as I saw in video's, the Ipod interface is terrible. I have a Touch 4G and not only does it re-organize my songs in alphabetical order, but it adds 2 or 3 copies of each song when I access the songs through the radio. If I wanted to have it on shuffle I would hit shuffle, other wise I would like to play songs in the order the artist intended based on the way they are ordered on the album. Also, it would be nice to have a "NOW PLAYING" option to go right to the folder where the song is playing from and not have to run through the entire menu again. I am an engineer and understand there are concessions that need to be made when designing things but the corners cut on this particular area of a vehicle where the consumer has very high interaction is flat out insulting. This was the first and likely the last GMC product I purchase based on the lack of "professional" engineering.

Sorry for being a little angry but definetly feel like I was duped. Other wise I actually like the Terrain.
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the proper department. Please feel free to contact me with any furhter questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Nox does the same thing and it is frustrating and yes I was told as with so many other customers that this was a chevy mylink radio when in reality its not I think there was alot of us mislead and when the new units arrive we should be entitled to the newer unit at no charge. I wonder if there is enough of us out there that we could join forces and take a legal action.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts