GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife likes to listen to her Ipod on shuffle, so she goes into all songs, then picks one & then goes back into the menu & picks shuffle.

Problem is when she restarts the car the radio does not remember the shuffle setting & plays songs by the last artist or album that was playing when the car was turned off. If that artist or album only has one song on her ipod it plays the same song over & over until you go back in to all songs pick one again & picks shuffle again.

This is a pain & not safe to do while driving.

Another issue is sometimes on restart an error message comes up "Please Try Again" with the option to hit "OK" When you hit "OK" it bumps you out of the ipod & back to the radio.

Dealer can not recreate the issues. They opened a case up, but no fix.

Has anyone had these issues & if so were you able to get them resolved?

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
The first issue I have as well. My dealer has not opened any cases on it because I have not taken it into them to officially look at. I was going to mention it on my first oil change but they said they think there's little they can do besides forward it to GM as they think it's software related. It is quite annoying to be on shuffle for an artist, come back, and then it only plays that album the last song belonged to instead of all for the artist.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JediSkipdogg said:
The first issue I have as well. My dealer has not opened any cases on it because I have not taken it into them to officially look at. I was going to mention it on my first oil change but they said they think there's little they can do besides forward it to GM as they think it's software related. It is quite annoying to be on shuffle for an artist, come back, and then it only plays that album the last song belonged to instead of all for the artist.
The dealer didn't seem to want to be bothered with it in the first place. I think they only opened a case because I was persistent. I highly doubt there will be a fix. Seems like problems like this just get swept under the rug & forgotten about.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Do you have a case number? I would be happy to look into this for you as well. Please feel free to contact me with more information. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
I appreciate your concern & sent you a PM with the case number. It seems I am not the only one having this issue. I hope there is a resolution as the dealer does not have any answers to this.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have the exact same issues with mine.

to fix the shuffle part, I let the ipod do the shuffling instead of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NODES said:
I have the exact same issues with mine.

to fix the shuffle part, I let the ipod do the shuffling instead of the car.
What version Ipod are you using?

My wife's Ipod nano wont allow any manual controls when connected via the usb cable. I would have to use the AUX input & then the ipod wont charge while it is being used & no on screen display.

·
Registered
289 Posts
cpem1276 said:

My wife's Ipod nano wont allow any manual controls when connected via the usb cable. I would have to use the AUX input & then the ipod wont charge while it is being used & no on screen display.
No ipod will let you do that that I know of however I think I know what Nodes meant.

He selects everything on his ipod, starts it playing, and then connects it. The radio will the play it with whatever was selected prior to being connected.

I can't do that as my ipod is buried in the center console so it would be a pain to always disconnect and reconnect. I like that I can have it hidden because very few would know it's there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
cpem1276 said:

I upload all my music to the 6th gen ipod. I then turn on "shuffle" on the unit and plug it into the USB ports.

I only use factory controls for music, ipod is buried in the arm rest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NODES said:
I upload all my music to the 6th gen ipod. I then turn on "shuffle" on the unit and plug it into the USB ports.

I only use factory controls for music, ipod is buried in the arm rest.
By "unit" are you referring to the ipod? & by "factory" are you referring to the vehicle controls?

For some reason I feel like I am missing something here.

She likes to keep the ipod in the arm rest as well. Nice feature if we can get it working properly.

·
Registered
673 Posts
cpem1276 said:
By "unit" are you referring to the ipod? & by "factory" are you referring to the vehicle controls?

For some reason I feel like I am missing something here.

She likes to keep the ipod in the arm rest as well. Nice feature if we can get it working properly.
YES and YES, sorry about that...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I opened a case on this last month with my dealer. I was able to re-create the issue with the service techs, and they're ipods/iphones did it too! I also called the Tech Division and they said they will begin looking into it for a fix. It is not just your Terrain or Nox, it is vehicle-wide, or at least color-touch radio-wide. Here are the problems I'm having...

1. My vehicle will ignore shuffle, playlists, and genre selections upon vehicle restart...everytime!
2. It will force me to do a hard reset of the ipod just to get it connected again.
3. It will reset the ipod on its own and begin playing all songs instead.

I wanted the Tech Division to get the most information, so I did a few other tests while at the dealership...

1. I recreated all above issues in the showroom Terrain for the sales team.
2. I proved that it is just the color-touch radios because the new Verano's with Intellilink in the showroom did not have these issues. It worked perfectly everytime. I spent over 4 hours at the dealer making sure every department knew about the issue.

I was informed that I was the first case in the database with this problem. The key is for as many Terrain/Nox owners to hit their dealerships with the same issues to make sure GM knows how widespread the problem is. The problem won't be fixed at the Tech Division level until they have enough open cases. Also, the guys at the Tech Division are very helpful. Calling them will get the ball rolling as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
DeKnurla said:
I opened a case on this last month with my dealer. I was able to re-create the issue with the service techs, and they're ipods/iphones did it too! I also called the Tech Division and they said they will begin looking into it for a fix. It is not just your Terrain or Nox, it is vehicle-wide, or at least color-touch radio-wide. Here are the problems I'm having...

1. My vehicle will ignore shuffle, playlists, and genre selections upon vehicle restart...everytime!
2. It will force me to do a hard reset of the ipod just to get it connected again.

I wanted the Tech Division to get the most information, so I did a few other tests while at the dealership...

2. I proved that it is just the color-touch radios because the new Verano's with Intellilink in the showroom did not have these issues. It worked perfectly everytime. I spent over 4 hours at the dealer making sure every department knew about the issue.

I was informed that I was the first case in the database with this problem. The key is for as many Terrain/Nox owners to hit their dealerships with the same issues to make sure GM knows how widespread the problem is. The problem won't be fixed at the Tech Division level until they have enough open cases. Also, the guys at the Tech Division are very helpful. Calling them will get the ball rolling as well.
I was having the problem, but found a fix. I moved all of my music into a playlist and I do not have the problem any more. Just use shuffle in the big playlist and will continue to shuffle randomly through all music in playlist when after turning the car on and off.

2012 equinox 1LT

·
Registered
673 Posts
fun4stuff said:
I was having the problem, but found a fix. I moved all of my music into a playlist and I do not have the problem any more. Just use shuffle in the big playlist and will continue to shuffle randomly through all music in playlist when after turning the car on and off.

2012 equinox 1LT
:thumb: That works on my 2012 as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DeKnurla said:

Update: Tech Division closed my case since they can't "find" a fix at this time. Big Surprise! It's possible they're going to try and sweep it under the rug, but if other owners like myself keep opening new cases and/or calling Tech Division about it they will have to address it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't like paying $30,000 for something that doesn't work as advertised.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fun4stuff said:

2012 equinox 1LT
No offense to anyone who is doing this as a "fix", but I don't think having to re-structure my music library is a real solution. It may work, but it doesn't change the root of the problem. Thanks for sharing this temporary bandaid though.

Also, I tried unplugging the iPod before shutting down the vehicle; to no avail. It still reset all selected options and left the radio playing the last song over-and-over. So as of right now, your playlist idea is the only workaround right now.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't have a iPod nano so I don't know in detail. I have iphone and iPod touch. But have you check where you at in your iPod. Because if you are playing song in a certain playlist, it only shuffle that playlist. For ex, if you are play a song in recent added, it will only shuffle the songs that in that playlist. Try to go to all songs if you want it shuffle every single song on your iPod

1 - 19 of 19 Posts