GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2012 terrain with the touch screen display (not the one including nav) and have noticed my iPod isn't showing all my artists. Its a new lpod classic. It also doesn't always show all of an artists albums. If i disconnect it and then use the iPod click wheel and choose the missing artist or album and reconnect it...it will then work. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Mine shows about 2050 of the 5000 songs I have on my Ipod Touch. I have not brought it up to the dealer since I know there is little they can do besides forward it on to GM to forward to Pioneer (I think that's who makes the radio.) I was going to give them a list of radio problems when I take it in for my first oil change around 5000 miles.

I found the BEST way around many of the ipod problems is to make your own playlists. It appears to solve all of the song/artist finding/delay/pause issues you will experience. I have about 5 playlists for the artists, genre, and albums I listen to most often. Not an ultimate fix, but a fix.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealer during your next visit. I can also look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
Mine does the same thing. Mine shows about 2050 of the 5000 songs I have on my Ipod Touch. I have not brought it up to the dealer since I know there is little they can do besides forward it on to GM to forward to Pioneer (I think that's who makes the radio.) I was going to give them a list of radio problems when I take it in for my first oil change around 5000 miles.

I found the BEST way around many of the ipod problems is to make your own playlists. It appears to solve all of the song/artist finding/delay/pause issues you will experience. I have about 5 playlists for the artists, genre, and albums I listen to most often. Not an ultimate fix, but a fix.
agree- playlists work better with the radio... even if you have to add a few thousands songs to the playlist.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MIne does the same thing. I am missing 405 songs and there seems to be no logic or common denominator regarding which songs are missing other than it seems to be most of my favorite songs/albums.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check the info for each missing song in I-Tunes. I found out that the Album Artist and the Artist must both be filled out, or at least all be the same. GM should really be trying to do something to help the owners with the Colortouch. You should not have to playlist everything. See if this helps getting your music to the radio.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Flash7117 said:
Check the info for each missing song in I-Tunes. I found out that the Album Artist and the Artist must both be filled out, or at least all be the same. GM should really be trying to do something to help the owners with the Colortouch. You should not have to playlist everything. See if this helps getting your music to the radio.
That's what I found. I have all my old CDs on my ipod from when MP3s first came out. After playing in itunes one day I noticed a number that looked similar. Essentially, my old MP3s do not have any tag info stored on them because back then it didn't exist. They are all file named as "artist - album - song.mp3" So, now I've started a long task of adding all the song info for all the tags so the radio will properly see them.

And yes, it needs Artist, Album, and Song filled out or some reason it won't index properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've added playlists that will not show. Also, I just updated 3 playlists on my iphone 3G. It will not update on the screen. It still shows the old playlists. When I run the playlist, it does play the new list, but the songs don't match what is in the list. How can I fix this?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
jwbynumjr said:
I've added playlists that will not show. Also, I just updated 3 playlists on my iphone 3G. It will not update on the screen. It still shows the old playlists. When I run the playlist, it does play the new list, but the songs don't match what is in the list. How can I fix this?
I am sorry to hear that you are having concerns with your vehicle and connectivity with your iPhone. I would be happy to look into this for you. In order to be sure that I have information specific to your vehicle, I will need the last eight of your VIN. Contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have found that if you go into Itunes and assign each song that is on your I device (Ipod, Ipad, I phone) a genre, the radio in the GMC Terrain will see it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Click on your device, then go to music. Make sure your playlists and genre have checkmarks, if that doesn't work try reseting your iphone. I'm in the process of converting over 1300 songs to mp3 format to try a flash drive, since GM doesn't seem to care that they have compatibility issues with the colortouch software.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts