GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just bought my terrain yesterday, it's pretty awesome so far. One issue, i tried looking all over for someone with a similar problem but couldn't find a thing. When trying to use my ipod with the usb port in the center console, the audio only comes out of the left side. I tried adjusting the balance and when sending all the audio to the right side i got nothing, complete silnce. I tried hooking up two different ipods with two different usb cables, (both factory cables that came with the ipods.) i have a ipod touch which i bought when they first came out, and a 40gb classic. Both only play through the left side. AM / FM / XM all play perfectly through both sides. Any thoughts? The last thing i want to do is take it back to the dealer after only having it one day! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
182 Posts
From the sounds of it, it's an issue with the vehicle. If you've tried multiple ipods, cables, etc, and the audio is dead silent in one side, it's either a programming thing or loose connection somewhere. In and of itself, USB only normally has 4 conductors (voltage, data send, data receive, and ground), so I would personally think it's unlikely there's a USB problem, so in other words something closer to the stereo.

As snowitch has mentions, tons of little problems have been found by GM and known to be fixed be simply re-programming various stereo components.

Not too much else you can do if you've tried multiple ipods and cables.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for the info. i'm going to call the dealership today and have it checked out. Little disappointed i have to take it back already but hopefully it's a quick fix. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts