GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum but didn't get a definitive answer. It seems the iPod control is missing one menu item - Album by Artist

I currently have the latest generation iPod Classic 160GB. It is connected to my SRX (with nav system) using the USB cable that came with the iPod. Everything works fine except that when I select to view by 'Artist' all I get is a list of songs by that artist in alphabetical order. This is a major PITA since my iPod has more than one album (CD, Record or whatever they are called these days) by most artists and some have duplicate songs.

For example - yesterday I wanted to listen to Traffic. I have 4 different Traffic albums on my iPod. When I selected Traffic from the list of artists, I was presented with a list that contained multiple listings for many of the songs.
ie. Shootout at the Fantasy Factory from the album of the same name; Shootout at the Fantasy Factory from the Greatest Hits album; and Shootout at the Fantasy Factory from the On The Road live album.

In my last vehicle (2010 GMC Acadia with nav) when 'Artist' was selected, it would show a list of the albums by that artist. I could then pick which album I wanted to listen to.
ie. By selecting 'Traffic' I would have seen this list of albums:
Greatest Hits
Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
On The Road
Shootout at the Fantasy Factory
I could then select which album I wanted to listen to or select 'All Songs' to play all songs from all 4 albums.

Is there a way to fix this? The only way I can figure out is to create a playlist for each artist. Since my iPod holds about one thousand albums by 600 different artists it would be a major hassle. I know I can use a thumb drive but I don't want to copy all the songs AGAIN.
Plus I'd have to carry a lot of thumb drives.

I'm usually good with electronics but I'm at a loss on this one. :banghead:
Any assist will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts