GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else using an old(er) iPod 5G with the USB port and listening to audiobooks? I'm trying to figure out if my problem is specific to my iPod or the software in the Equinox - every few days, when I turn the car on in the morning, it starts the audiobook I'm listening to over from the beginning, regardless of where I am actually in the book. With the system limitations already on the 'Nox (not being able to track time over 99:59), it's really annoying to have to try and find where I was in the story every couple of days. :mad: Trying to decide if I should just break down and get a new device...

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have also seen that with my iPod Touch 1G with the 3.1.3 OS. Once in a while it forgets where it was and starts over. Definitely annoying.

I have been trying to see if I could figure out what causes it but haven't detected the pattern yet.

Any guesses?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my 'Nox in February and I remember that, a while back, when I would leave my iPod out in the cold overnight, sometimes it got confused and thought the battery was dead when it really just needed to literally warm up a bit, so I thought that might have been causing it, but now that it's (marginally) warmer in Michigan, that reason is out the window.

I wonder if it might be related to any kind of power surge when the vehicle starts up? Don't know if the USB port is powered immediately upon start up or if there's a delay.

At any rate, thanks for confirming that it's not just my having an older iPod that's causing it. Not keen on throwing another $200+ at the problem, and plus I'm irrationally anti-Apple and only have it because I got it free from my employer. ;D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a follow up if anyone is interested or also still experiencing this problem, I've found the best way to avoid (or at least reduce) this issue is to hit the fast forward button on the head unit before turning the car off, so it moves to the next audiobook on the iPod. Then when you get back in, if it forgets something, it will forget where it was on the book your weren't actually listening to. It's worked pretty well so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts