GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my iPhone plugged into the USB port for years on this vehicle to listen to music. It has stopped recognizing getting iPhones plugged in by USB lately. It is paired with your vehicle in the Bluetooth and I can receive calls on the car speakers. I can’t even play music and I will play the music and the call at the same time. The minute the phone call in, it’s no longer Find the music through the car speakers but the Bluetooth symbol is still on three radio screen.

I used to plug my iPhone into the USB and it would automatically show my iPhone on the audio screen. It’s no longer isn’t there a game and when I push the radio band button, no iPhone is found. I have tried multiple iPhones to try to solve. Nothing has been working. Both work in the past.

I have rebooted the phone, I have turn Bluetooth on and off, I have plugged in unplug the USB cord. This car does not Have CarPlay

please tell me how to solve. One of the sites that I looked at talked about updating your firmware on your current radio. I have no clue how to do that. This is a 2014 equinox. I don’t even know if it has radio firmware.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There are an increasing number of reports that the latest iOS operating system update on the iPhone is causing phones to no longer be recognized in 2nd gen Equinoxes (2010-2017) via a USB connection. If that is truly what is going on, there may be no solution to this as the hardware in the vehicle starts to "age out".

Any firmware updates to the vehicle itself would need to be done by a dealer [if there are even any updates at this point.]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts