GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I plug in my iPhone 4 with the usb, No Files Found screen comes up on my 2012 Terrain SLT 1 screen.
Anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Have you tried opening your iPod app once you have it plugged in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, nothing. It worked perfectly for 2 weeks, then that message shows up now

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
bartak said:
yes, nothing. It worked perfectly for 2 weeks, then that message shows up now
Had the same issue, it was even working fine when i was streaming Pandora while it was plugged in, sounded awesome too, nice not to have to pay for music I like.
But it stopped working one day with that same error message, but would read my wife's iphone just fine and her music files. Then a few days past and now works again with mine. Strange indeed. I am not taking it to the dealer since it works fine with other phones and so on. Only way I will take it in for this issue, is if it does not read any phone or music player. May just be a software conflict. I just updated mine to 5.1 so hopefully it does get better not worse. FYI I have been in tech support for many long years so I troubleshooted every which way to get it to read and it did not, then one day it worked haha.
One thing i noticed when it started acting up was I synced some old music files to the phone and the Nox didn't seem to like it. But now it works with em lol whatever

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: iPhone No Files Found

Turning off the phone and pluging it in didn't work. I've tried airplane mode and disconnecting the bluetooth.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Re: iPhone No Files Found

bartak said:
Turning off the phone and pluging it in didn't work. I've tried airplane mode and disconnecting the bluetooth.
Have you tried re-syncing the files with iTunes? I had an issue once where my usage licenses expired and I had to re-sync to update them. I also have an 80GB Zune that disconnects after 10 minutes of play. But it's done that since the day I bought the car...Good luck...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing the same issue with my 2012 Equinox and iPhone 4. It was working great for several months and then I get the files not found dialog even though the song plays and I can see the information on the screen behind the dialog.

I have tried re-syncing my songs to my phone and that didn't work. I am upgrading my phone to 5.1 today to see if that fixes the issue. Is there an update to the Equinox software that I can get?

I thought about pulling a fuse to reset the data connection in the car but haven't done it yet.

Very frustrating experience. I am due for a oil change soon so I was thinking of bringing this issue up with the dealer as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it to work last night. I deleted my palylists and synced my whole library, works perfectly.
Thanks for all your posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
erminazag said:
I am experiencing the same issue with my 2012 Equinox and iPhone 4. It was working great for several months and then I get the files not found dialog even though the song plays and I can see the information on the screen behind the dialog.

I have tried re-syncing my songs to my phone and that didn't work. I am upgrading my phone to 5.1 today to see if that fixes the issue. Is there an update to the Equinox software that I can get?

I thought about pulling a fuse to reset the data connection in the car but haven't done it yet.

Very frustrating experience. I am due for a oil change soon so I was thinking of bringing this issue up with the dealer as well.
I think half the issue may be apple. I have an iPod touch and I know in my old vehicle with an aftermarket auxiliary ipod adapter that when I upgraded from iOS 2 to 3 it stopped functioning. Reading online it was apple's fault with some security thing that supposedly wiped out 90% of car ipod adapters in one update. Therefore it may help or hurt.

I still have the issue that it says all of my songs are not on my iPod touch. I haven't looked through to see how true that is, but it tells me there are only about 2090 songs when I have close to 5000. It's even odder because I can add new songs and it increases the amount for the new songs only. It's on my list to take in when I get my first oil change. Unfortunately I think GM has to pass it on to Panasonic and then Panasonic has to fix the bugs. As for updates, I believe that's something we can do (there's an option in the config menu) but I have no idea how to get them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem too. I upgraded to ios 5.1 this past week; prior to this, I had flawless integration of my iphone 4 with 2012 Terrain SLT-1. In the past three days, the iPhone intermittently gets recognized by the stereo but then the dash screen will freeze on a song. Other times, it will not recognize the phone. I've done a cold restart of the iphone, changed cords, re-updated, and then did a complete factory restore of the iphone but no luck. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
673 Posts
dganteater said:
I'm having the same problem too. I upgraded to ios 5.1 this past week; prior to this, I had flawless integration of my iphone 4 with 2012 Terrain SLT-1. In the past three days, the iPhone intermittently gets recognized by the stereo but then the dash screen will freeze on a song. Other times, it will not recognize the phone. I've done a cold restart of the iphone, changed cords, re-updated, and then did a complete factory restore of the iphone but no luck. Any other ideas?

Now you better hope that GM keeps up with all these Apple iOS updates and releases a newer firmware for out radios.

Are you able to go back to 5.01?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
NODES said:
Now you better hope that GM keeps up with all these Apple iOS updates and releases a newer firmware for out radios.

You are not able to go back to 5.0.1.

My 4GS iphone was updated to 5.1 and seems to work better with the update since I too recieved that error before. Seemed off and on but so far so good.
It might have been a combination with updates or me totally unsyncig all music and placing songs into playlists. Whatever it is happy its working.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a iPhone 4 - running iOS 5.1 - and I can't get it to get past the "indexing" part. It was working fine up until I erased the library on it and then started using itunes Match. I've been trying to wipe my phone and set it up again but my computers not letting me. I'll post again once I've gotten it to work. That would be something if it doesn't work with itunes match.

Even worse is that once I plug my phone into the usb port on the nox', it then won't recognize any other usb device (like my wife's ipod) or a usb stick. I have restart the vehicle and then it'll recognize something else.

STRANGE.

Still a bit peeved about the lack of mylink so I could just bluetooth stream everyone over - but that's another topic. Meh.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
EDwardo said:
I have a iPhone 4 - running iOS 5.1 - and I can't get it to get past the "indexing" part. It was working fine up until I erased the library on it and then started using itunes Match. I've been trying to wipe my phone and set it up again but my computers not letting me. I'll post again once I've gotten it to work. That would be something if it doesn't work with itunes match.

Even worse is that once I plug my phone into the usb port on the nox', it then won't recognize any other usb device (like my wife's ipod) or a usb stick. I have restart the vehicle and then it'll recognize something else.

STRANGE.

Still a bit peeved about the lack of mylink so I could just bluetooth stream everyone over - but that's another topic. Meh.
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wiped my iPhone and then tried again. Same issue happening. Has anyone else seen this happen or might have suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
NODES said:

Finally I got this fixed! (No I didn't have to downgrade the firmware.)

After I posted this message, I upgraded to iphone 5 which unfortunately had the same problem. I also tried unsuccesfully various flash drives (with mp3 files on them), and an old (but working) iPod Nano. After a few visits to the dealer (for routine maintenance), one of the service managers found a new firmware fix PI0693c which was just announced in the December 2012 TechLink. Use Google to find it on-line.

In any case this firmware update affects the 2012-2013 Terrain, Equinox, Volt, Verano, Regal, Malibu, LaCrosse for various issues related to the radio/bluetooth connectivity. After about 20 minutes of reprogramming and testing out 2 of the service guys' ipod/iphones, it's been working.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Thanks for the update dganteater! I am glad to hear that your concern has been resolved. Let me know if you need any additional assistance. Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to clarify, this was on the color touch radio, not the MyLink right? I'm having the exact same problem, and I'm wondering if I need to go to the dealer, or get the OnStar bluetooth over-the-air update. Seems like there might be a couple of things needed for those of us with the color touch radio?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts