GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leave home, iPhone 6S is fully charged. I plug it into one of the USB ports and go on my way. Everything is ok. I go into a restaurant or whatever, leaving the phone in the vehicle plugged in. Come out about 1 hr later, phone battery is dead. Cellular on phone is turned when plugged in. Any remedies, etc?
Ken

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have you looked to see what the phone thinks is the battery hog? I've never left a phone plugged in while the car is off...since the phone comes with me. How long does the 6S battery last without being plugged in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked to see what the phone thinks is the battery hog? I've never left a phone plugged in while the car is off...since the phone comes with me. How long does the 6S battery last without being plugged in?
The 6S is getting on in life. I get 2 days max on the phone with every day use, carrying it around with me. But, if I leave it in the vehicle, it’s dead in less than an hour. It charges when plugged in and the vehicle is running. Once dead, the vehicle charging system won’t recharge it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
…I had that same issue with my 6 a couple of times…once was a bad cable, another time it was a filthy charging port on the phone. Try a new cable 1st.

And just an FYI, changing an iPhone 6 battery is actually fairly easy. I did it twice myself just following YouTube videos and getting the battery and kit off eBay. I loved my 6! The only reason I upgraded from my 128gb 6 is when the SE 2020 came out in 256gb and that’s when I finally upgraded…

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
…I had that same issue with my 6 a couple of times…once was a bad cable, another time it was a filthy charging port on the phone. Try a new cable 1st.

And just an FYI, changing an iPhone 6 battery is actually fairly easy. I did it twice myself just following YouTube videos and getting the battery and kit off eBay. I loved my 6! The only reason I upgraded from my 128gb 6 is when the SE 2020 came out in 256gb and that’s when I finally upgraded…
I tried 3 cables, nothing changed. It may be the phone searching for “something“ when in the vehicle, wearing down the battery. Now, I just take it with me when I‘m not in the vehicle. I also have a portable battery pack that I can carry around.
Thanks for all that responded.
Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Wi-Fi hotspot on the My GMC app may be part of the problem. When I enter the vehicle, the phone automatically connects to it. I turned this off, will now see what happens.
Ken
I think I found the cause of the battery drain. It is cold here, so the phone being left in the cold vehicle drains the battery. After warming up the phone, the battery recharges rapidly.
Ken

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Lithium-Ion batteries and cold temps do not get along. Found that out on the job with Li On power tools vs NiCad powered tools.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts