GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having both a 3G and a 3GS with neither working in my Terrian i got an Iphone 4 yesterday. On my way to work this morning not expecting much i plugged it into my Terrian thru the USB.......... OMFG it works!!!!!! The steering wheel controls work with it as well!. I was really surprised. Not only that it will play music while you do other stuff on the phone check e-mail ect. Not that you should be doing that while driving.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Say what?! I just got my 3GS a couple months ago...it better work in my new 'Nox! I don't want to have to buy the iPhone 4 just for that :-[

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had the 3G...it worked in my nox.
I have the iphone 4 now....but no nox to try it in yet..i hope today i can try it out

·
Registered
56 Posts
I need to sell my Terrain so I can get an iPhone 4 :). Want to trade?

djmodifyd said:
I had the 3G...it worked in my nox.
I have the iphone 4 now....but no nox to try it in yet..i hope today i can try it out

·
Registered
446 Posts
My 3GS is working fine in our 'Nox. Are you guys seeing the antenna problem on the iPhone 4? I think Apple should give every iPhone 4 owner a free Bumper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My old iPhone 3G worked fine.. Plugged in the new iPhone 4 today on the way into work and its fine too..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Narg said:
My 3GS is working fine in our 'Nox. Are you guys seeing the antenna problem on the iPhone 4? I think Apple should give every iPhone 4 owner a free Bumper.
This whole holding the iPhone degrades the Antenna issue.. ITS NOT NEW. EVERY CELL PHONE HAS THIS PROBLEM! Look at the open threads on the Nexus One support forums, you will find the same thing.. I have noticed this issue on every phone I have ever owned. It’s simple, your body will ground out ANY cell phone antenna when you get near it, period. This is really a non-issue because it’s not specific to the iPhone.

·
Registered
446 Posts
bocks said:
This whole holding the iPhone degrades the Antenna issue.. ITS NOT NEW. EVERY CELL PHONE HAS THIS PROBLEM! Look at the open threads on the Nexus One support forums, you will find the same thing.. I have noticed this issue on every phone I have ever owned. It’s simple, your body will ground out ANY cell phone antenna when you get near it, period. This is really a non-issue because it’s not specific to the iPhone.
Unfortunately for the iPhone 4 it is an issue. Sure, most phones do what you say, I never said they didn't. But on the iPhone 4 since you can actually contact the antenna due to it being exposed, you can actually completely drop the signal out causing you to loose a call or stop data transfers completely. It's not good. Check YouTube for videos on this problem. If you put a cover over the outside, like the Apple Bumper accessory, then the problem is reduced to be similar to any other phone, which is acceptable. Otherwise it's a very serious problem.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok phew, so I shouldn't need to be worried about my 3GS :p thanks guys!

·
Registered
196 Posts
confirmed: Iphone 4 works with 2010 equinox!
(much better than the 3g as well)

·
Registered
155 Posts
My Ipod touch that I had worked with my Nox but I sold that to get a Droid. It does not work with the USB that I know of but the phone itself makes it all worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you sold an ipod-touch to by a Cellphone? I do hear the driod is really nice. I love the new iphone though.

·
Registered
635 Posts
My buddy bought a droid but cant get the golf gps app that he likes for the droid. The app he wants works only on iPhone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My 3GS works fine in the Terrain (music from iPod and streaming Pandora) via USB.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, I got my 'Nox this weekend and my iPhone 3GS works perfectly in it as does my iPod Nano, minus a small problem with a crackling sound I experienced which totally freaked me out, but it was just the cord...just had to wiggle it around a bit and it hasn't done it again!

·
Registered
196 Posts
atertan said:
anyone try an evo yet.
probably not..the evo is always on the charger

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 3g now but am out of contract and am thinking of switching. the evo working in the car is my main concern. Also the battery life from what i have heard.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Both AT&T and Verizon have 30 day satisfaction clauses in their contracts. If one cell phone no worky, snag another...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts