GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

Just picked up my SLT1 yesterday and am in LOVE!!

But, my iPhone will only work if it's in airplane mode. This means that I can't receive and make calls on my phone. :(

Is there any way around this??

·
Registered
196 Posts
noniex said:
Hello there

Just picked up my SLT1 yesterday and am in LOVE!!

But, my iPhone will only work if it's in airplane mode. This means that I can't receive and make calls on my phone. :(

Is there any way around this??
???
mine works fine.

are you saying that a popup message appears when you plug in the usb cable that says something like "accessory not optimized for iPhone, do you want to enable airplane mode"?

if so just hit dismiss or cancel or whatever it says and the message will go away.

what firmware are you running on your iphone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, mine gets that error message but when I click cancel the stereo doesn't read it. It'll only read it when I answer yes and put my phone in airplane mode.

I'm just updating my iphone now to the newest version. I'll see if that changes anything, but I don't think so. My DH's iphone was already updated and it did the same thing.

It's very frustrating. I was so excited to use my phone with the stereo. :mad:

·
Registered
196 Posts
interesting...I didn't have that problem with my 3g

Also have no problems with my Iphone 4.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here's something I found in another forum on a similar issue:

The method used to recognize the USB device has a clever bit of code in the firmware to improve the connect time once the initial handshake with the device has been established. So after the update to iOS4, the host device (Car Stereo) still thinks that it is connecting to the un-updated client device (iPhone prior to updating to iOS4) The updated client device (Your iPhone with iOS4), must fool the host device (Your car stereo), into believing that it is an entirely new device. This is done by connecting your iPhone to the stereo head USB port with the iPhone switched off completely. This is achieved by holding down the top power button on the iPhone until the red slide bar comes up and prompts you to shut the iPhone down. Do this and then with the car stereo switched on, plug the iPhone into the USB socket and wait till the iPhone starts of it's own accord. If it does not start, press the top power button on the phone until it starts. This will force the host device (Your car stereo) and the client device (Your iPhone) to re-negotiate the handshake between the devices and get you back to where you will once again be happy.

Not sure if it applies, but might be worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Narg said:
Here's something I found in another forum on a similar issue:

The method used to recognize the USB device has a clever bit of code in the firmware to improve the connect time once the initial handshake with the device has been established. So after the update to iOS4, the host device (Car Stereo) still thinks that it is connecting to the un-updated client device (iPhone prior to updating to iOS4) The updated client device (Your iPhone with iOS4), must fool the host device (Your car stereo), into believing that it is an entirely new device. This is done by connecting your iPhone to the stereo head USB port with the iPhone switched off completely. This is achieved by holding down the top power button on the iPhone until the red slide bar comes up and prompts you to shut the iPhone down. Do this and then with the car stereo switched on, plug the iPhone into the USB socket and wait till the iPhone starts of it's own accord. If it does not start, press the top power button on the phone until it starts. This will force the host device (Your car stereo) and the client device (Your iPhone) to re-negotiate the handshake between the devices and get you back to where you will once again be happy.

Not sure if it applies, but might be worth a try.
Thanks, that worked like a charm!! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts