GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in GTA and interested in sle2 plus convience package with upgraded 3.0L V6 engine. I checked GM web site, the discounted price is CAD31224. Just wonder if someone happens to know the invoice price for this model with those two upgrades? thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
1981804 said:
SLT 2 with V6,trailer pkg, and 19" wheels, invoice 31,850
No way... not in Canada (GTA) as the OP was requesting, about an SLE-2 to boot. Try adding $10,000 at least!

·
Registered
246 Posts
He is asking about the invoice price, not MSRP.

An SLT2 is about $35K USD MSRP, so invoice would be around $31k, the SLE2 I would expect to be more like $29K, unless youre also looking for AWD.

The invoice price on my 2LT (like a SLT 2 options wise) with leather and power liftgate, FWD and 4 cylinder was $26,800 USD. So I would still think an SLE2 Terrain should only be about 29k invoice with no leather or power liftgate, but the V6 option and the wheels.

Invoice is what the dealer pays, not what they mark them up to. Right now the CAD is worth more than the USD as well. Does GM jack up the price to Canadian dealers? Would see odd seeing as how much of GMs stuff is made in Canada.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
2011LT2 said:
Invoice is what the dealer pays, not what they mark them up to.
Does the dealer "mark it up" or does GM provide a "Suggested Retail Price" ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
terrainfinder said:
I am in GTA and interested in sle2 plus convience package with upgraded 3.0L V6 engine. I checked GM web site, the discounted price is CAD31224. Just wonder if someone happens to know the invoice price for this model with those two upgrades? thanks.
I built this vehicle to get a general price for you.I don't know the postal zones so I chose one at random.Use this link and you can customize to your liking...... http://configurator.autodata.gm.ca/GMCanada/buildYourVehicle.html;jsessionid=5DBA49C5A1975F51FD0F226D0B0302D7?dealer=&ds=&dc=&pagetype=&jsessionid=5DBA49C5A1975F51FD0F226D0B0302D7&lang=en&Make=GM&SuperModel=12093&Model=12093&oemCabType=&acodeList=CAC10GMS281A0&bodyStyle=4&cabStyle=&boxStyle=&wheelbase=&driveType=DRIVETYPE_FWD&selectionChange=SuperModel

·
Registered
246 Posts
RIT333 said:
Does the dealer "mark it up" or does GM provide a "Suggested Retail Price" ?
MSRP is what you get from GM, dealers dont have to charge that, and in the past I never saw them ask full MSRP unless something was selling so fast they couldnt keep enough on the lot. I would never pay MSRP.

The invoice price is what the dealer pays, but the more cars the dealer sells they get a bonus/discount from GM, so in the end they still make quite a bit of money selling at invoice price if they move a lot of cars. If its a small town they might not move so many and dont get as much discount off invoice for each vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts