GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve found the following compatibility of Apple products in my 2010 Equinox 2LT w/ Vehicle Interface Package (but w/o DVD/Navigation/Infotainment package) tested with two different Apple USB cables, both in excellent condition, to minimize the chance of the cables influencing the results:
1. Apple iPod Touch 3rd generation 64 GB w/ firmware 3.1.3: charges and plays via USB just fine, but cannot be controlled via USB by the head unit
2. Apple iPhone 3GS 16 GB w/ firmware 3.1.3: charges, plays, and controls via USB just fine
3. Apple iPad 1st generation 16 GB w/o 3G w/ firmware 3.2: charges via USB just fine, but does not play nor controls via USB
4. Generic USB flash drive: plays and controls via USB just fine

My Apple iPod Touch 3rd generation 64 GB w/ firmware 3.1.3, which is the latest firmware till the release of 4.0 scheduled for 6/21/2010, is recognized by the head unit as “iPod Touch” but it doesn’t sync the song data and cannot be controlled via the head unit. Does anyone know why this may be the case and whether there is anything I can do about it?

[Update 6/16/2010]

I resolved the problem with my iPod Touch by resetting it (to reset it: press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears). It now charges, plays, and controls via USB just fine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My Third Gen Touch with Os 4.0 is FANTASTIC compared to the old 3.1.3 I was running before, the only thing that doesnt work perfectly every time is shuffle.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Im having hopes that my new nox will read the IOS 4.0 software.
I have 4.0 on my current 3G (developer golden master version) but sadly no nox to try it out on (yet)
I also have the new Iphone 4 on preorder...i hope it works!

·
Registered
282 Posts
What about the iPod Nano's? I got an 8GB Nano this past Christmas, which I think makes it the 5th generation? And I would really like to use it when my 'Nox gets here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I resolved the problem with my Apple iPod Touch 3rd generation 64 GB w/ firmware 3.1.3 by resetting it (to reset it: press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears). It now charges, plays, and controls via USB just fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just updated my iPod Touch to the 4.0 firmware. When I go into the All Songs option, it loads up the list pretty quick (I have near 4000 songs so far). However, when I try to go to Artist or Album, it takes a while to load the list (Artist took about 3 minutes, Album about 5 minutes). I have restarted the iPod, and each has loaded at least once, but still continues to load slow (thought it may beed to be indexed or something).

Anyone else have this problem with the new iPod firmware?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts