GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a LT1 2010 NOX a yesterday we had an Intermittent Air bag service light come on in the DIC. Question, because it comes on then goes out will these errors be logged somewhere so that the dealer can scan them? Also anyone else have this happen? The dealer when this happens the air bags are disabled. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It may be worth a shot to hit your OnStar button and see if they can run their diagnostic and tell you anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update, On Star contacted GM and ran diog. Good news. GM did say there is an issue and the air bags are disabled. They said get it in right away. So today it goes in again. This is about the 5th warrt item I have had. I hope it settles down pretty soon.

·
Registered
698 Posts
mtchevrolet said:
An update, On Star contacted GM and ran diog. Good news. GM did say there is an issue and the air bags are disabled. They said get it in right away. So today it goes in again. This is about the 5th warrt item I have had. I hope it settles down pretty soon.
Do you have an early build?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would think so as I purchased the NOX in July of 09. There have been a few bumps, but Ithink it will all get worked out. One issue I do have is when air bags deploy it sends a message to On Star. I would think when the system is disabled it would send a message as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, back to the dealer again for this Air Bag issue. :mad:

This time they have said they will get GM technical help. I wish they would have done this last time if they did not have a clear fix. I am not sure this is rocket science as it has tripped a code as the wrench light and red air bag light is solid on. The last time this went in they re-greased the connection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well they code said something they could do something with. It calls for them to replace the entire airbag assembley inside the passengers seat. That's good they found it. But they are having a real hard time finding a replacement in the US. It has been three days and counting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts