GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have excessive scuffs on their interior plastic? Mine are mainly on the interior door panels and in the trunk area. I haven't really tried to clean them because I'm not exactly sure whats safe to use. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
FDNY600 said:
Anybody else have excessive scuffs on their interior plastic? Mine are mainly on the interior door panels and in the trunk area. I haven't really tried to clean them because I'm not exactly sure whats safe to use. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
plastix

Works great on cleaning plastic products, including removing "yellow" from headlights and other plastic products

·
Registered
115 Posts
FDNY600 said:
I'm not sure about actual scratches/damage, but for regular cleaning, I just use my detailing spray (a meguires product). It seems to work very nicely, and doesn't leave a greasy/slippery residue like armor-all. But I'm interested in what other folks use...

·
Registered
265 Posts
In case anyone is lookin for it, it is: PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish Item # G12310. Looks to be for clear plastic.......

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have found clear silicone sprays to work well on the plastic trim of the Terrain. I put the stuff on and let it sit for about 10 minutes and wipe dry with a clean/soft cloth.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm getting scuff marks where my shoes hit the door on exit, any ideas on what to use? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Anyone know what I can use for the "felt" area inside the window tracks. They have been having a hard time lately especially when it rains.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm 6'1" and have to "tuck and roll" getting out to avoid scuffing the panel. I can't say the same for my wife 5"4' and wears heels! :banghead: In her defense, she looks good! :shrug:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works great! I use this on everything.
You just beat me to it...same answer! :thumb:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'll have to give it a try...... ;D

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was just at my dealership for a oil change, they are telling me mild soap and water.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does using the Magic Eraser on the interior plastic take the color off? I have a black interior and do have multiple scratches on the lower interior door areas especially where your feet hit but am concerned that the it would dull the color.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I use the Magic Eraser to remove scratches/scuffs, I also have the black interior and it does not remove the colour or dull it. The trick is to use very, very light pressure on the scratch/scuff and it will come off. It will take a few minutes of rubbing. You don't want to apply too much pressure - from my understanding, a Magic Eraser is like a very ultra-fine grit sandpaper so you want to use it with care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts