GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem I had with my 2010 Equinox LTZ.

Two nights ago, I noticed my Onstar lights on the rearview mirror were all lit up...the car was off and locked. The next morning they were still on...I thought it might be a problem with Onstar so I pushed the blue Onstar button to talk to someone but it just "beeped" and never connected to Onstar.

About an hour later, I noticed that the interior lights on the dashboard, steering wheel, radio etc. were all on despite the car being turned off and locked. The radio and clock were not working...the screen for it was blank but lit up. I took the car right to the dealer because I was afraid that it would drain the battery. It was already early afternoon and they didn't think they would get to it right away so I left it there (dealer got me a rental car). When I called this morning, they said the battery was indeed dead this morning and they had to jump it. It seems to be working now but they have no idea what caused it...they have a call in to GM for help and are going to keep it again overnight just to be sure.

Anyone have this happen or know what might have caused this??

Louise

·
Registered
193 Posts
There was a firmware update released some time ago to correct this. I'd check with the dealer to make sure they applied it to prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I did just find an old post regarding a T.S.B. #11004 regarding this problem...have a call in to the dealer so they can check it out.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Louise,

Please keep me posted regarding your progress at the dealer. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please feel free to contact me via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tricia! It's nice to know that GM representatives are reading the boards.

I guess the service bulletin was for the 2011 Equinox and mine is 2010 which is probably why I didn't receive anything about it. But the dealer ran the same fix and I got it back last night and everything seems to be working good. I was surprised that I didn't lose all my settings (clock, radio favorites, climate and seating) since it seemed to be an electrical issue and the car battery had to be jumped. So I was happy about that! :)

Louise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts