GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SLT-1. I'd like to have the red interior lighting like the SLT-2, especially in the door handles. Is there any way to add that?

Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Are you saying the SLT-1 doesn't have red interior lighting? This is suppose to be standard across all the trim levels.

KJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have the red interior lighting, but only on the dash, not on the door handle cups. I see a small plastic insert behind the handle that looks like where the LED would be on an SLT-1, so I was hoping maybe the wiring is there and it's just a questions of popping in a bulb. I was going to get an SLT-1, but I don't care for the chrome mirrors or roof rails.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The SLT-1 (and SLE models) all have the red interior lighting, minus some extra lights in the door storage areas that you get in an SLT2. It's right on GM's website, have a look. Overall, it's pretty minor.

Like freeness said, it might be as easy as popping out the insert and throwing in a bulb. Someone, somewhere on this forum will try this at some point I'm sure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
if it is that easy (and i'm not holding my breath) it very well could be me. but i'm not making any promises! ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
checked the door handle areas on my SLT1 and didn't see any place for an LED. could someone with an SLT2 post a close up pic of that light?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
tbox302 said:
checked the door handle areas on my SLT1 and didn't see any place for an LED. could someone with an SLT2 post a close up pic of that light?
I thought about taking a pic and posting it but my cameras are too big.
I'll see if I can get one of the kids to fit in there.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
cool thanks gearhead! mine does have a little cutout in the cubby but no lens and as far as I could tell shining a light right in it, no wiring in place there unless it's further down in the panel. did not have a lens or even a cutout or cap in the door pull area ready for an LED unfortunately. oh well, would have been a cool project to add those in though I may look into the cubby further. thanks again for the pics gear!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
tbox302 said:
cool thanks gearhead! mine does have a little cutout in the cubby but no lens and as far as I could tell shining a light right in it, no wiring in place there unless it's further down in the panel. did not have a lens or even a cutout or cap in the door pull area ready for an LED unfortunately. oh well, would have been a cool project to add those in though I may look into the cubby further. thanks again for the pics gear!
Not a problem, tbox302, my pleasure.
As you say, there may already be provisions for the LED in the wiring harness further down behind the door panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
: Interior Lighting

I have a 2010 sle-2. When I am driving at night.. And my wife wants to read... The reading button is not lit.. I called a local gm store and they said we didn't see it lit on another.. So is this false or does it not
Light up so I can find the button?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts