GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been able to get the covers off the interior lights without breaking them? especially the front one that is pretty much U shaped? looking for a DIY on the cover removals

i wan't to upgrade all the bulbs to LED, but i'm not seeing the easy cover removal that i'm used too with this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi ,

no problem , look for the slots and put small screwdriver into and release , send me a fax # and I will send pic .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did all my interior few weeks ago. For the map light cover. I started gently prying the rear corner of the U shape and work toward the front. The key is to use a thin blade flat head screw driver.

·
Registered
12 Posts
KD123 said:
Did all my interior few weeks ago. For the map light cover. I started gently prying the rear corner of the U shape and work toward the front. The key is to use a thin blade flat head screw driver.
Did the same but didn't use a screwdriver or razorblade... just an old credit card. Then to remove the bulbs used a hose to grip the bulb and pull them out. I've got big fingers, I guess.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KD123 said:
ok, maybe i'll give that a try, what bulbs did you get? where did you get them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
maps/domes/console are all 194 wedge... i got mine from v-leds.com. the 6k white (slight tint of blue) look real nice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got 10 from eBay for $10.58. I used the latex glove wrapped around needle nose pliers to pull the bulbs out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
KD123 said:
Got 10 from eBay for $10.58. I used the latex glove wrapped around needle nose pliers to pull the bulbs out.
what shape?

i was thinking a blue led in the foot wells to match the ambient lighting

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AMG Eric said:
what shape?

i was thinking a blue led in the foot wells to match the ambient lighting
Same here but I wanna do all the lights at the same time. Already got the footwell bulbs from gmpartsdirect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts