GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have looked at all the threads regarding favorite interiors and favorite exterior colors and it seems that most people favor the jet black or the titanium interior with almost every exterior color, and that brownstone is only chosen for the Mocha exterior. I ordered my cardinal red 'Nox with the brownstone and I guess I am just wondering if I am totally out to lunch with this color combination or if there are others out there who own or will own a vehicle with this combination! Any pictures would be welcome as well while I patiently await my new baby's arrival :p

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think this color combination would be nice even if it is not a "popular" choice. I have the Moka/Brownstone combo and i think that the brownstone will fit nicely with the red... My opinion...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Yes it sure does not appear to be very popular, I can't find any mention of it anywhere and that is precisely why I had to have one factory made...there wasn't even ONE anywhere in Canada with red/brownstone. If I wanted any other interior I probably could have had it already! Oh well, I don't mind being unique and waiting a little longer for that unique-ness :).

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think the Brownstone interior will look great with your choice of Cardinal Red exterior. To me, the Brownstone interior gives an added upscale appearance to the Equinox. And, having a unique 'Nox isn't a bad thing. By the way, we ordered a Mocha Steel/Brownstone 'Nox. ;D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered a Silver Ice Metallic Equinox with the jet black / brownstone interior. I couldn't find that combination ANYWHERE in the USA and I did a lot of searching through the GM vehicle locator tool and a search tool on edmunds.com. In my mind, those colors go together well. I thought the jet black monotone interior, though acceptable, was a little boring compared to the other leather options, and I was afraid that the jet black / titanium two tone interior would start to feel a little too flashy after a while, and also that light colored leather would mark easily and be difficult to keep clean.

So far as I can tell, the jet black / brownstone interior is available with every exterior color except the blue color, but in my mind, it wouldn't look so bad even there. Cardinal red exterior / jet black & brownstone interior doesn't clash in my opinion, although red is not my preferred vehicle color.

The only consideration I have is whether an unusual color combination will be seen as a liability when it comes time to sell. But, I personally plan to keep my Equinox (once it gets here!) for at least 5 or 6 years, so not a huge concern.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you TheCrow1994! It does look rather fancy :) When do you expect to have yours??

I swear you read my mind marylandnox! I totally thought that the jet black was a little too unoriginal and that the titanium might mark up easily (I cannot wear white clothes! Haha). Yes, I don't exactly see why it is not offered with the blue exterior either, I don't see a problem with blue and brown but oh well! I too thought of the uniqueness of the brownstone as perhaps interfering with re-sale, but I shouldn't be thinking of that right now, it hasn't even arrived yet! I need to enjoy it (for the next 5 to 6 years as you said) before I even consider selling it!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree with both of you. I don't think the Browstone interior would look bad with Navy Blue Metallic exterior. I really don't understand why that combination is not possible.

We ordered ours the first week in April, and our salesperson informed us recently that our 'Nox is to be built the first week of June. So, if all goes according to schedule, I'm hoping for a mid-June delivery.

We ordered: Mocha Steel/Brownstone 4 cyl AWD LTZ with sunroof and navigation system.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I also have a TPW in early June :). From what I hear, your mocha/brownstone will be worth the wait! I have the same sort of features as you minus the navigation, plus the V6. I look forward to pictures!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a red one one order also.

I really wanted the brownstone interior, but honestly, did not have the balls to pull the trigger- I went with black.

Good for you !!

Kevin

·
Registered
635 Posts
FedorekC said:
Hello,

I have looked at all the threads regarding favorite interiors and favorite exterior colors and it seems that most people favor the jet black or the titanium interior with almost every exterior color, and that brownstone is only chosen for the Mocha exterior. I ordered my cardinal red 'Nox with the brownstone and I guess I am just wondering if I am totally out to lunch with this color combination or if there are others out there who own or will own a vehicle with this combination! Any pictures would be welcome as well while I patiently await my new baby's arrival :p
I said to my wife just yesterday that the brownstown interior would look good with the red exterior and she made a screwed-up face like I was out of my mind! :-\
We have the Mocha with the brownstone.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yellolab - thumbs up on the red ;D

Roesterman - that's awesome! Haha. Must just be us Equinox fanatics that can see the beauty in such a combination! When it's in I will post pictures for all to admire :p

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh wow that's odd haha... ::) even the booklet that I have says you can't have the brownstone leather with the navy blue metallic. Contradictions all over the place! Maybe it was just a mis-type on that site.

·
Registered
297 Posts
FedorekC said:
Oh wow that's odd haha... ::) even the booklet that I have says you can't have the brownstone leather with the navy blue metallic. Contradictions all over the place! Maybe it was just a mis-type on that site.
Yeah. I know. I thought it was strange, too. I also thought it was a mistype. But, I saw the same exact combination on another Equinox's window sticker in the same city. I then went on Chevy's website and chatted with the online agent. He, of course, told me the combination was not possible. ::)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts