GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems that some people are finding out more information on whats going on with the whole 2012 Intellilink/MyLink so i started to do some looking around and came across these two articles:

http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/190368-pandora-and-gmc

http://www.articlesfactory.com/articles/autos/2012-terrain-will-include-multi-purpose-navigation-system.html

Basically it looks like around 2/13/2012 these features will finally be available. I have recently seen some more information pop up that say that the Non-Nav models will be able to be upgraded with the new software. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I heard from GM customer service the same thing, that it will be available in the 2nd half of the model year. That was today on twitter. As far as who gets it, I did confirm that my 1LT equinox with the convenience package is at the apprpriate level to be able to play pandora from a sepa4ate phine conversation with tech support. I dix question my dealership but they were completely clueless. I plan on keeping on top of this as it unfolds

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looking at the Pandora article, Intellilink will be available on the SLT 2 V6 on 11=28-2011; then it will be available for all
but the SLE 1 on 2-13=2012.

·
Registered
118 Posts
NitroCherokee said:
No "upgrade" will be available, the radio that is out now is missing a couple key components to make it work as in a Bluetooth antenna
That's incorrect for 2012 models that have the touchscreen installed. There shouldnt be a hardware change, only software. There is no mylink feature that uses hardware not already installed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My Back and Forth with Chevy/GM via Twitter:

kain2thebrain: @chevrolet I have been asking about MyLink on my 2012 Equinox and my dealer doesn't know what I mean. HELP!

Chevrolet: @kain2thebrain We're sorry Brian. Check out our site for more details & we'll do our best to answer any other questions spr.ly/mylink

GMCustomerSvc: @kain2thebrain Availability of MyLink is currently scheduled to be in the later half of the 2012 model year. ^CM

kain2thebrain: @GMCustomerSvc will my Equinox be elligible to receive the upgrade?

GMCustomerSvc: @kain2thebrain Unfortunately, we do not yet have any information if your vehicle will be eligible for an upgrade. ^CM

My take: looks like the February date is around that time frame of "later half of the model year".

·
Registered
194 Posts
kain2thebrain said:
My Back and Forth with Chevy/GM via Twitter:

kain2thebrain: @chevrolet I have been asking about MyLink on my 2012 Equinox and my dealer doesn't know what I mean. HELP!

Chevrolet: @kain2thebrain We're sorry Brian. Check out our site for more details & we'll do our best to answer any other questions spr.ly/mylink

GMCustomerSvc: @kain2thebrain Availability of MyLink is currently scheduled to be in the later half of the 2012 model year. ^CM

If I had to bet I would say yes to upgradable. Are they really going to have two different radios in the same model year that are not interchangable? If the weren't they would need different harnesses right? It seems to me like it gets way too complicated.

It's more likely the right hand does not know what te left hand is doing at GM.
kain2thebrain: @GMCustomerSvc will my Equinox be elligible to receive the upgrade?

GMCustomerSvc: @kain2thebrain Unfortunately, we do not yet have any information if your vehicle will be eligible for an upgrade. ^CM

My take: looks like the February date is around that time frame of "later half of the model year".

·
Registered
11 Posts
kain2thebrain said:
That's incorrect for 2012 models that have the touchscreen installed. There shouldnt be a hardware change, only software. There is no mylink feature that uses hardware not already installed.
OK but you are wrong, I won't argue with this awesome logic you have gotten from customer service, But the mylink will not be a software upgrade. But please just because GM radio's are what I do for a living don't take my word for it and be disappointed

·
Registered
118 Posts
NitroCherokee said:
OK but you are wrong, I won't argue with this awesome logic you have gotten from customer service, But the mylink will not be a software upgrade. But please just because GM radio's are what I do for a living don't take my word for it and be disappointed
Well what is missing between my currently installed radio and what MyLink will have?

·
Registered
194 Posts
So I ordered a 2 LT Nov with Nav. It is being built next week. What am I getting? Will I be able to upgrade it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
kain2thebrain said:
Is that different from the bluetooth I already have on the radio now?
You don't have Bluetooth "in" your radio now

If you are able to Bluetooth music to your radio now it is through an MPIM (media player interface module) The Bluetooth you use for phone calls is through the OnStar module

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well Nitro that may be true but my understanding is Pandora will be working though the USB port not bluetooth. What is your source of info?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mochaman said:
Well Nitro that may be true but my understanding is Pandora will be working though the USB port not bluetooth. What is your source of info?
Well according to all the demos you are partially correct. The iPhone must be tethered through the USB port. Android phones on the other hand can connect to the radio for data via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
472 Posts
rutger1413 said:
Well according to all the demos you are partially correct. The iPhone must be tethered through the USB port. Android phones on the other hand can connect to the radio for data via Bluetooth.
From what I was reading today it can be either/or although I don't know how an Android would work via usb.

·
Registered
515 Posts
There is a Web site called gmauthority(dot)com which has an interesting article. The article references a patent GM filed for Intellilink.
The wording is interesting:

In the recent patent filings for the “Intellilink” name, General Motors described it as an “electronic interface module sold as an integral part of a motor land vehicle for wired and wireless interface of handheld electronic devices,” which also fits the bill of the upcoming Chevy/GMC/Buick/Cadillac MyLink apps that will debut in the 2012 Chevy Volt and Equinox.

Here is the URL which shows more of the filing:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/04/mylink-app-to-get-a-name-change/

This may shed some light on whether Intellilink is something that can be fitted to a current radio.

·
Registered
472 Posts
This is just a guess but the app on our smart phones shows our cars are compatible and possible to upgrade to the expanded capability. If I can lock/start/ turn on the horns via my phone with return coms verifiying the function it should be good to go.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It looks as if Intellilink is here. It will be available for ordering Monday the 14th. The announcement only has it available on the base radio and only on the SLT-2 with the V6. From information I had from my dealer, it indicated that it would be available on the Nav units also; so I'm hoping that there may be a followup announcement at some point.

The information below will be added the the Terrain Order Guide:

Distribution Updates

Updates for Terrain

Week of 11/14/2011

Effective 11/14/2011, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Interior section-Added (UP9) IntelliLink, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; voice recognition for phone, music and radio; Pandora and Stitcher smartphone compatible; Gracenote (Playlist+, Album Art); software updatable for radio software and Gracenote database, it is "A" on 4SB with a footnote 1 that reads "Requires (UFU) AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback capability and (LFW) 3.0L DOHC V6 SIDI engine." Also, it is "--" on 3SA, 3SB and 4SA.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts