GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 GMC Terrain yesterday and today the intellilink freezes as soon as I turn on my car. The only thing I have done is pair my iPhone and transfer my Onstar and XM Radio subscriptions. Sometimes the radio will play, but I cannot adjust the volume, change the stations or sources; the back up camera won't even turn on. The only way I can turn it off is to shut the car off completely, but nothing appears to return it to full functionality. It will sometimes come on and begin to work, but within a few seconds it is frozen and neither the touch screen buttons or the manual buttons (steering wheel or console) work. Is there a way to reset the system or is my only option to return to the dealership? Is there anyone experiencing this or anyone that has experienced it and has the answer to the problem? Thank you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles ( great, now I'm starting to sound like GM Customer Service ;D just kidding Tricia ). Unfortunately it sounds as if you're going to have to get the dealer to reflash the system.

Or more accurately, GM's third-party infotainment contractor ( does Gm actually service anything anymore?).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
ajoubear said:
I bought my 2013 GMC Terrain yesterday and today the intellilink freezes as soon as I turn on my car. The only thing I have done is pair my iPhone and transfer my Onstar and XM Radio subscriptions. Sometimes the radio will play, but I cannot adjust the volume, change the stations or sources; the back up camera won't even turn on. The only way I can turn it off is to shut the car off completely, but nothing appears to return it to full functionality. It will sometimes come on and begin to work, but within a few seconds it is frozen and neither the touch screen buttons or the manual buttons (steering wheel or console) work. Is there a way to reset the system or is my only option to return to the dealership? Is there anyone experiencing this or anyone that has experienced it and has the answer to the problem? Thank you.
Congratulations on your purchase. I would recommend taking the vehicle back into the dealer for more assistance. Feel free to contact me privately as well with the last eight of your VIN for more information. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update

Apparently the issue with my truck was a corrupted radio, if it has an issue none of the other intellilink apps will work. The dealership replaced my radio on the 27th of November and it has worked great ever since. Kudos to the dealership on handling the issue in a timely manner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also own a 2013 Terrain. The first time the screen started rolling like a TV screen. I had to turn the car off to reset the screen.
The second time the screen went black. Nothing worked, no radio, no AC, co camera, no maps.
Took the Terrain to the dealership and they upgraded the software for the Radio and AC.
The next day the bottom 1/4 of the screen went out. No AC or Radio. Had to turn the car off to reset the screen.
Returned the car to the dealership and still waiting on an answer. They are going to keep it all day and overnight.

Any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having same frozen issues on my 2013 Terrain. Intellilink worked fine in am then remote started truck about 20 minuets later to walk out to a frozen screen with no control over radio whatsoever; no volume, channels, ac control, or even power. Stopped at a rest stop and hit the power button with car off and screen came on to now playing but still no control over anything. Customer service had me opening driver door and waiting 3-4 min with car off and try and restart and waiting another 3-4 min to reset system. It seemed to work until I backed out of the spot and the reverse camera got stuck on and the screen went black with check your surroundings stuck on the screen. I'm disappointed so far in my first american vehicle purchase as the truck only had about 2k miles before water built up in the tail light and now every time it rains there is condensation and the radio does not work.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
gbwaacha said:
Having same frozen issues on my 2013 Terrain. Intellilink worked fine in am then remote started truck about 20 minuets later to walk out to a frozen screen with no control over radio whatsoever; no volume, channels, ac control, or even power. Stopped at a rest stop and hit the power button with car off and screen came on to now playing but still no control over anything. Customer service had me opening driver door and waiting 3-4 min with car off and try and restart and waiting another 3-4 min to reset system. It seemed to work until I backed out of the spot and the reverse camera got stuck on and the screen went black with check your surroundings stuck on the screen. I'm disappointed so far in my first american vehicle purchase as the truck only had about 2k miles before water built up in the tail light and now every time it rains there is condensation and the radio does not work.
Hello,

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Interllilink system and tail light. We certainly want you to have a positive experience with your Terrain. Have you been to the dealership for these concerns? Since you are still within warranty they are best fit to address any concerns you may have. Please keep us posted.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
gbwaacha said:
Having similar trouble. Screen went black, radio worked but unable to adjust volume or change station. No bluetooth either. Parked the car for 3 plus hours then when i started it the screen came on and then it was stuck. I am extreamly disappointed due to the fact that it is going to take 3 days before the local dealership can look at it and then another 3 plus days if they have to order a new system. :banghead: :angryfire: :help:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
My wife and I purchased a brand new 2013 terrain slt-1 in november of 2012 and we had some problems with our back up camera. There were random colors in the screen and white and black lines running down the screen. We took it to the dealer and they said we need a software reboot. We did that and it fixed our problems. Well now just the other day the screen did the same thing while trying to go in reverse. I turn the car off a couple times and then the screen just went black after going into reverse a few times. Help please!!!!

·
Registered
10,482 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I drive a 2013 that exhibits all this too. Sad part is that even when it "works" it really doesn't: these 2013's no longer have the Bluetooth Voice prompt sequence, and there is no voice passthru function to replace it. As a result, I lost the functionality that my 2011 Terrain had for hands free text messaging, calendar, and other Siri functions. Not a good move!!! Still waiting for GMC to fix this. Have had a case open for months....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is an old post, but I have been having the same problem with my Terrain (intermittently). Funny thing with my car is the steering wheel controls works fine, it's just the buttons on the dash/screen don't work. I have an appointment at the Dealership tomorrow; I'll update you all as to how/if they remedy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the end, the dealership updated the software for the infotainment system. The system froze up again once since the update was installed, but unlike before, this was a brief freeze (less than 3 minutes). The most frustrating part was I paid for the extended warranty on my car (uggg) but it still ended up costing me $100, because there is a $100 deductible on service work. They said if I didn't have the extended warranty it would have costed $150. It took a couple hours to do. I'm gad I did it, but it's one more reminder that the extended warranty was a waste of money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ajoubear said:
There's a fuse panel in the passenger-side footwell, on the center console wall. In there, there are fuses (2 of them I believe) for the radio and infotainment systems. (Find them on the diagram on the back of the panel door). Check both to see if one is blown. (And by checking them you will of course reset the system).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts