GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm starting a new topic to discuss and want to here other people's thoughts about it.

Wouldn't it be nice to integrate your iPhone or iPad to you Nox/Terrain....Well you can! the sky's the limit with app possibilities. I don't have an iPhone or iPad but anyone out there who does and gets this setup please report back.

OBDII WiFi wireless transmitter

Please share your thoughts and app possibilities

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Integrate an iPhone or iPad to your vehicale - Bring on the apps!

Anyone care to develop an app and make a millions dollars!

Any parent out there with teenage kids who wants to loan them their cars but with the assurance of their activity and behavior. Now that you can link the vehicles computer to an iphone. how about an app that plots via the gps on a map the actual route of where they went, when the went, and the speed they went...monitor and plot any time over speed limits, jack rabit accellerations ect...ect...

How about this one. You're suspicious of your spouses late nights at the office. You secretly connect the PLX. You hide you iphone in the car somewhere. When your spouse returns home you retrieve your iphone. And again...know exactly where they went and when they went ;D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Seems like a big investment (150 for the unit on eBay and 40 for the rev app) to do a few more things than the on board will already tell you. If you had an older project car or beater I think the check engine light scanning would be handy and I'd like to know how many hp I'm getting before and after mods but there's cheaper apps in the iTunes store that basically just require you to secure your phone inside the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts