GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Intake

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BandDirector 
#1 ·
Does anyone make a cold air intake for 17 Denali Terrain 3.6L??

#2 ·
Really not worth it. GM has designed the stock air box to take in cool, outside air.
Install a KN filter if you must, but really will not improve anything and may even contaminate the MAF sensor.
The ACDelco air filter has the best air flow over all.

#3 ·
I would do a Trifecta tune for the most bang for the buck and leave the rest alone. KN filters are for race vehicles not daily drivers and money saved will buy a ton of AC filters, they last a long time.

#4 ·
Yes, K&N makes one. The kit comes with an enclosure that when the hood is shut, also keeps the air filter sealed off from the engine to keep the incoming air from being heated by the engine. It pairs nicely with the Magnaflow cat-back, and I went with an IPF tune before the Trifecta was available for our cars...

Attachments

Reactions: rednox301
#5 ·
Oh, I installed the CAI, cat-back, and tune before the car even had 5K miles on it...I’m at 139K now. I’ve driven it hard, even took it to a track day, and the only thing I had to return to the dealer for was a recall or 2...

#6 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention the K&N CAI is only listed for the 2010-2012 3.0 V6, but I’m guessing it’s just because K&N never bothered to certify it when GM changed over to the 3.6, but I believe I may be the one to pioneer the fitment check here and I can confirm it’s a direct bolt-on. My Equinox is a ‘15 with the 3.6.

#7 ·
Might as well post a link to the cat back for your Terrain too... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.