GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Nox for 8 months now and have racked up over 23,000 trouble free miles; however the only thing that eludes me is going to a parts store to get a new air intake filter. Why is that no one carries them? Do the dealers have the only rights to sell them? I ask at the parts stores and look online only to see the puzzled look on there faces when they say it is not available. The online places will sell you the wrong one or at least the picture is all wrong. I stumbled across a filter for a 2005 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L that looks like same shape and can be had for $10 or so, it's a Fram CA9969. The only other option is a K&N cleanable type but i'm weary of the oils needed that can affect the sensor. What luck have any of you had out there?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered my intake air filter (and cabin air filter) from RockAuto.com. They arrived and were pretty easy to replace (though the intake air filter cover requires a hexagon-shaped tool...my previous Chevrolet had phillips screws in it). While the intake air filter probably could have lasted a bit longer without changing, decided to do it before the winter weather. I was completely shocked at how dirty the cabin air filter was. That I will need to replace more frequently.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like RockAuto and have used them in the past for other vehicles. I've given RockAuto the name of this website and they are plannning to contact someone here so RockAuto can be a partner of this forum. With that, we'll get a RockAuto member discount.

·
Registered
31 Posts
DavidPJ - That's great news. Sounds like a good idea. Any discount would be great!

RNOX - What do you think of newgmparts.com? Are they genuine/brand parts? If so, would be great to know there are 2 legitimate websites out there to order parts from.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I havnt ordered yet, but summitracing.com appears to have the K&N replacement filter. I know its $50, but it helps MPG slightly and will last 100k miles. I have ordered from summit before and they ship really fast. I usually get parts the next day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts