GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a terrain about four months ago and so far have generally loved the Terrain but would like to start changing some things with it. I had a radar detector (RMR-8RD manufactured by Rocky Mountain Radar) in my old car and I would like to install it in the terrain but the systems are vastly complicated in newer vehicles. Radar detectors are legal in my state (Tennessee) and this unit does not have the signal jammer(s). Because this unit is supposed to be "built-in" this involves mounting the rear sensor bar just above the license plate near the back up camera as well as mounting a front sensor, preferably dead center under the grill. The control or "brain" has to be somewhere in the front of the car, have access (wired) to a 12v supply (with a in-line fuse) and be visible to the driver yet descrete in location. As far as the front sensor, its more of a wiring issue, where to send them through the fire wall without drilling a hole. I've noticed that when I open the liftgate, there is a rubber covering in the top left corner of the car frame which is normally covered by the liftgate. I think this is a port used for the powered liftgate as GM uses the same basic structure for each variation. It looks like it would run straight down the entire left side of the car to the driver. Any suggestions? Also, did the issue with aftermarket HID headlights requiring a relay ever get fixed? Thanks in advance to any replies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts