GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really really wanted the USB on my LS Equinox, and since I couldnt find out what exactly came with the PDIM accessory, I went ahead and ordered it blind. Well I got it today, and it includes several wiring harnesses, the PDIM box, and a new bezel with 3.5mm input AND USB. Now the crappy part. I have no idea how to install it, and the one sheet of paper that it came with says installation instructions can be found on the service and parts operations (service.gm.com) which looks like only registered GM employees and/or mechanics can access. I have torn my radio and console apart, but still cant get all the way down to where I need to be to install everything.

Soooo, unless someone has some insight for me on how to install this thing (and I know i have to have the radio reprogrammed after I do install it) it looks like I will be taking to a dealer next friday and paying that labor/hr rate for them to install, and it is a small time dealership so I can guarantee this will be the first one they have put it, thus extending that time in the shop.

sigh. :-\

Edit: Got the instructions! Flawless install except haven't programmed yet. The PDF of instructions is in reply #6 of this thread.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Go to the dealer and ask them to print out the instructions for you. I did it for my upcoming remote start upgrade. :thumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would have the dealer install it for you. I believe there is some re-programming of the center stack that's necessary to recognize the new module and USB port.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found out you can access the GM service manuals online via a subscription with ACdelco.... $20 for three days. Very worth it IMO... Just printed off everything I would ever need the service manual for, including the instructions to install the PDIM.

Took about an hour and a half, went smoothly enough with the instructions, now I just need to find a dealership that actually knows what they're doing and can reprogram the radio to recognize my new USB port.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
turnpike17 said:
Well I found out you can access the GM service manuals online via a subscription with ACdelco.... $20 for three days. Very worth it IMO.
Can you post the link to it ? Can you download it electronically, instead of printing it ?

THX

·
Registered
472 Posts
turnpike17 said:
Well I found out you can access the GM service manuals online via a subscription with ACdelco.... $20 for three days. Very worth it IMO... Just printed off everything I would ever need the service manual for, including the instructions to install the PDIM.

Took about an hour and a half, went smoothly enough with the instructions, now I just need to find a dealership that actually knows what they're doing and can reprogram the radio to recognize my new USB port.
Curious why didn't you go to the dealer and get it for free or wouldn't they do it for you? Mine does it for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RIT333 said:
Can you post the link to it ? Can you download it electronically, instead of printing it ?

THX
www .acdelcotds.com /acdelco/action/home

You have sign up and request approval... mine came in under 10 minutes. Once in, under the "Professional Improvment" tab, there is a Service and Programming link. They have a ton of options, such as access to TIS2WEB and GDS2, but there is an option for Service Information only, $20 gets you three days (unlimited vehicles), $150 is one month, and $1200 is for a year.

[/quote]
Mochaman said:
Curious why didn't you go to the dealer and get it for free or wouldn't they do it for you? Mine does it for me.

Because I am incredibly impatient and needed it NOW! Plus I live in rural Oklahoma and its not a 5 minute trip to the dealer like alot of people have. Plus I started working on this on Friday afternoon, and by the time I realized I would need the instructions, it was going to be Monday morning before I could get a dealership to print them for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
turnpike17 said:
Because I am incredibly impatient and needed it NOW! Plus I live in rural Oklahoma and its not a 5 minute trip to the dealer like alot of people have. Plus I started working on this on Friday afternoon, and by the time I realized I would need the instructions, it was going to be Monday morning before I could get a dealership to print them for me.
:thumb: Thanks for posting the other PDF's by the way. I was thinking about doing the heated seat myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're welcome!

I've called my nearest dealership (very small service dept) and told them what I installed and I am taking it in on Friday, but by the tone in his voice, they have never done the programming for this thing, so who knows when I'll actually get to use my new USB port.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mochaman said:
Oh man I have been up and down that thread, along with a dozen others. The PDIM seems like a VERY popular post purchase upgrade in the camaro community, yet I couldn't find hardly any info on the nox sites. So i took what I could from the camaro sites and just hoped for the best when I ordered the part from an online dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update: After 1.5 hours at $50 an hour, the techs at my local dealer figured it out! I have USB functionality in my LS! The PDIM also adds bluetooth streaming, all the while allowing you to control the songs with the steering wheel audio controls... I'll get way more use out of the bluetooth streaming than the USB cable. Thanks everyone for the tips!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wow! sounds great!...wonder if thats possible on the 2012 color touch radios?

·
Registered
472 Posts
wrusprod said:
wow! sounds great!...wonder if thats possible on the 2012 color touch radios?
Me too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
Why would you need to? USB and Aux input is already standard.
not A2DP streaming AFIK or am I missing something?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mochaman said:
not A2DP streaming AFIK or am I missing something?
But then aren't you missing the required software that doesn't exist for it to fully work? I thought that's what MyLink/Intellilink was and the software isn't out for it yet. So you could add the bluetooth, but no way to access it. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
472 Posts
turnpike17 said:
Quick update: After 1.5 hours at $50 an hour, the techs at my local dealer figured it out! I have USB functionality in my LS! The PDIM also adds bluetooth streaming, all the while allowing you to control the songs with the steering wheel audio controls... I'll get way more use out of the bluetooth streaming than the USB cable. Thanks everyone for the tips!
Well he needs to explain the streaming to us that is what I want to know about and does the '12 models have it already or not?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
agree!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts