GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the new PDIM in my 2011 Equinox 1LT and it was as easy as listed here and much easier than I expected.
Thanks for the posts.

The trick about going to AUX and hitting MENU is money. Without that, it just looks and functions the same. I don't know if you have to hold them down or press them simultaneously (I tried both) until you a display asks if you want to pair a bluetooth streaming device.

So simple and worth every penny for my 1hr daily one-way commute. Many thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: I emailed GMPartsDirect.com regarding module 23340430, which I believe is the updated version. They are telling me the current licensed GM parts catalog does not list a multimedia player interface module for my VIN, which is a 2012 Equinox LS (no touchscreen). They say they need a VIN from a vehicle that was manufactured and is equipped with this module.

I called a local Chevy dealership today and they seemed confused. The Service department transferred me to Parts. Parts said Service should have known but said they would call GM for more information. I haven't heard back.

I called another local Chevy dealer. Also had to be transferred from Service to Parts. They said they couldn't buy or install the module because it's not something that comes installed from the factory with the car.

So is it true that I can't install this part on my car or are they just confused?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the double post but I've run into some trouble with my 2012 Chevy Equinox LS (no touch screen).

First, I emailed GMPartsDirect.com to ask if module 23340430 is the up-to-date version. I provided my VIN and they said this module is not listed in the current licensed GM parts catalog as the correct original equipment part for the VIN supplied.

I then contact two local Chevy dealers. I called the Service department directly on both. The first had basically no idea what I was talking about and transferred me to Parts, who said they had to call GM directly for more info. I haven't heard back. The other also said they can't do it since it didn't come from the factory with this part, and then transferred me to Parts who said basically the same thing.

Are these folks wrong or am I not able to make the switch on my vehicle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the double post but I'm running into trouble getting info for doing this on my 2012 Equinox LS (no touch screen).

I contacted GM Parts Direct to ask if module 23340430 is the up-to-date version of this part. They told me this part is not listed in the current licensed GM parts catalog as the correct original equipment part for my VIN and that the current licensed GM parts catalog does not list a multimedia player interface module for my VIN.

I then called two local Chevy dealers. I dialed the direct number for their Service departments. The first seemed somewhat confused and transferred me to Parts. Parts said they had to call GM directly and would call me back. They haven't. The other Service department told me they can't do this because it doesn't come from the factory with this part, and then transferred me to Parts who said the same thing.

So are they wrong or am I not able to make this upgrade in my vehicle?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts