GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know where to order the infamous 22797218 part?
I have a 2011 Terrain (without the nav), so this replacement should work...

I have Kinivo BTC450 connected to the AUX input. That works; I use it every day.
But I really would like to be able to use the builtin steering wheel controls.
Plus I like the esthetic of a factory built-in part a lot better.

It is not available anymore on amazon.
I tried to order it through the following websites, but every time my order was declined as the part has been discontinued by GM:
- gmpartsgiant.com
- gmpartsonline.net

Any other website that still has this in stock?
Is there a different part number that can be ordered?
Does anyone have this part & wants to sell it to me?

I might go to my dealership and see if they can get this for me (but I don't have my hopes up for that route).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Craiguar said:
Enyce9,

Do you have the USB connection to plug in a USB memory stick or Apple iPhone/iPod etc.?

If you do, plug in a memory stick or a device to play music off of, play some music, hold down the menu button on the radio, and after holding it for a few seconds, you should get a menu up with a version number on it. If it says DB/DD, then you can order AC Delco part 22797218 and it will be plug and play. (You'll need to remove the existing module, and plug in the new one, but you won't have to get anything programmed at the dealer.)

Forum newbie here. I apologize for resurrecting an old post but I recently bought a 2011 SLT1 (OnStar, no nav, plain RED basic display) and would really like to get a working BT music stream solution. Question: If my unit shows DB/DB would this still work? Is the software side upgradeable at the dealer to get it to DD if needed or would just having DB hardware be enough?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I have found the software doesn't matter, the module works just fine on my 2010 with something other than Db, the only problem now is finding a module

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was never able to buy the magical 22797218 part.
It has been discontinued & I haven't found a single website that still carries it.
I tried to order from several sites only to have my order cancelled immediately with the message "part discontinued".

So I ordered the following part:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SIZJE2/

This is part number 20985421. It looks similar enough. It seems to be from a Chevvy Cruz (edit: correction seems to be from a Camaro).
I did receive the part already; It has the bluetooth logo on it, so it looks promising...

I haven't found the time yet to crack open the car & install it; I probably won't have time to try until after the holidays :-(
I figured that worst case I wasted $92 on this...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm ready to try and install the part that I got (see the post above).
Does anyone have a good step by step guide on which plastic panels to remove to get to the module for a 2011 Terrain?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the part that I ordered from Amazon in my car (2011 Terrain, no nav); http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SIZJE2/
Works like a charm! Integrated bluetooth music in my car now with steering wheel controls! Very happy!

Pictures of the install attached.
I was very easy.
- Pop off the plastic bottom side of the center console on the driver side (pop out the center of the front plastic plug first, then the full plug comes out easily; then gently snap open the side). You probably have to move the driver seat all the way back & down.
- You can easily see the old module (white).
- Snap it out of the holder; it's pretty tight. Take care not to snap the plastic tabs.
- Remove both cables (gently).
- Put in the new module (yellow).
- Connect the cables.
- Test if it all works.
- Snap new module in place. It's pretty tight, but I managed to snap it back in place with some gentle force.
- Put the center console side panel back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to thank every one contributed here. I installed the PDIM last week on my 2011 equinox and it is working perfectly, with different types of phone including iPhone, windows phone, and androids. it was very simple and as detailed by many here.

Thank you all

·
Registered
36 Posts
assuming will this work with the pioneer system? (has nav option in driver cluster menu, but not enabled/doesn't work, and not touchscreen)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hate to bring back a dead thread but:

Does this work with a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ WITH Nav and touchscreen?

I can not find an answer anywhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
from all the replies, it would appear that it does not work with touch screen.

Also, not quite dead. Just nobody with an answer has replied to the last 2 questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As seen above it works flawlessly for my radio without touchscreen/nav.

From reading the thread I think it does NOT work with the touchscreen/nav version of the radio.

Also this only adds the bluetooth music streaming. It does not add (or change) the bluetooth phone handsfree. That is a totally different part of the radio.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, question. I tried ordering part 20985421 for my 2010 Terrain with no navigation, but the dealership I'm ordering from is telling me that there is now a newer part number 22829143.

I can get the 20985421 off of Amazon for $90-something, or should I get this newer version for $150? Is there any benefit to getting the newer version?

Edit: Just trying to add A2DP music streaming via bluetooth. That's it. My stereo meets all requirements as mentioned throughout this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: Re: Installed New PDIM, enabled Bluetooth Streaming

seVer said:
bigb posted that new part# back on April 1... and you can get it cheaper here: http://www.gmoutletparts.com/oe-gm/22829143
Actually, he DID say the new part number was 22829143, but that it was replacing old part number 22797218. The part I ordered was 20985421, so even though I read his post, it didn't seem to apply to me.

Thank you for the link though. I did manage to find another site whose product+shipping cost was actually $20 or so cheaper than the one you gave. But thank you!

Still though, what's the advantage of the newer part over the older one? Will the newest still work in tge 2010 Terrain? (I already ordered the part so I hope so!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
it's entirely possible that part replaces multiple units.

as far as newer vs older, I'd ask the dealer... then post what they say so we all learn something. more than likely it'll just be an updated bluetooth profile to be compatible with more/newer devices.

edit: where did you find it that was cheaper?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just thought of something.
Does the new PDIM allow the USB to read MTP devices correctly? My stock PDIM doesn't like MTP and Android only uses MTP now. So once Jellybean (I think) came out, none of my devices worked with my car anymore via usb.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts