GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Just FYI, I took a look and there is no need to take the triangular piece off if you are just replacing the PDIM. Just the left side panel for the center console. That is it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Can someone who has installed this in their NOX or Terrain confirm if you can use the built in onstar mic to also place hands free calls?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Thanks the3dolla. It works!

I am a new owner of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2. I loved everything about it except lack of bluetooth music streaming. I purchased the new PDIM on Amazon for $87. I only had to take off the lower driver's side panel. The only mistake I made was I accidentally broke off the 2 clips holding the module in place. No worries though, I replaced with stick on Velcro to prevent rattling or it coming loose. The radio had to pair to my phone from scratch, but it was no hassle at all. It works splendidly. I wish it showed the name of the band and song, but it may just be Google Music. I haven't tested with any other music programs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Toolaa2000 said:
Can you let me know if you can take a phone call and hear the caller through the car speakers?
Yes you can use the hands free bluetooth calling and A2DP bluetooth music streaming. However, what's weird is you have to connect to different bluetooth devices. To connect to the hands free calling you have to connect to the profile named General Motors. To connect the bluetooth music you have to connect to the profile named GMusicconnect. Each has its own pairing codes too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
New to the forum. First Post. 2010 Equinox LT. This worked flawlessly. Installation was simple as can be. Thanks for heads up on this great add-on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
MarkofCain said:
However, what's weird is you have to connect to different bluetooth devices. To connect to the hands free calling you hEach has its own pairing codes too.
I have a few more questions. Say you are listening to music over BT and you get a call. Do you hear the ringtone through the speakers? Do you have to push a button on the radio to take the call? Does your music pause automatically when you accept a call.

How is the mic sound quality?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Toolaa2000 said:
I have a few more questions. Say you are listening to music over BT and you get a call. Do you hear the ringtone through the speakers? Do you have to push a button on the radio to take the call? Does your music pause automatically when you accept a call.

How is the mic sound quality?
Bluetooth music pauses to accept bluetooth call. A standard ringing bell plays overs the speakers instead of my ringtone. You have to push the phone button the dash to accept the call or you can accept it your device as well. Mic sound quality is a 7/10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
MarkofCain said:
Yes you can use the hands free bluetooth calling and A2DP bluetooth music streaming. However, what's weird is you have to connect to different bluetooth devices. To connect to the hands free calling you have to connect to the profile named General Motors. To connect the bluetooth music you have to connect to the profile named GMusicconnect. Each has its own pairing codes too.
Anyone have information on how to connect iphone. I was able to see gm music connect in BT menu and music works great but i cant seem to figure out how to pair phone functions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Craiguar said:
Enyce9,

Do you have the USB connection to plug in a USB memory stick or Apple iPhone/iPod etc.?

If you do, plug in a memory stick or a device to play music off of, play some music, hold down the menu button on the radio, and after holding it for a few seconds, you should get a menu up with a version number on it. If it says DB/DD, then you can order AC Delco part 22797218 and it will be plug and play. (You'll need to remove the existing module, and plug in the new one, but you won't have to get anything programmed at the dealer.)
Mine says
HW ID: CC
SW ID:CE

Any insight on this anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
I just want to confirm again this update won't work in a 2012 with a touchscreen? I do not have the mylink feature or nav. I would love to add the streaming option vs. going the USB route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I have one of these modules new and in the wrapping if anyone is interested it in and not wanting to wait on Amazon to fulfill the order. Shoot me a PM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Hi lovebohn,

I can confirm that it will NOT work in a 2012 with a TouchScreen.

Craig

lovebohn said:
I just want to confirm again this update won't work in a 2012 with a touchscreen? I do not have the mylink feature or nav. I would love to add the streaming option vs. going the USB route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Toolaa2000 said:
Here are a few pics when i installed mine




I l'll try to post more when i get back home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Question... I just did the upgrade this evening. It was easy to upgrade the module. Simple plug and play. I no longer have issues with static when using the usb port in the center console, but how do I get the Bluetooth to work? How do I stream to the radio? Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
the module doesn't seem to be available on amazon anymore. anyone know where to get one? I can go up to my local scrap yard and maybe pull one out of a cruze or Camaro but I'd have to know where to look
 
21 - 40 of 85 Posts
Top