GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dietz4ibanez said:
Very Cool! Cant wait to see the pictures!
May be a while for the pictures ;D. If you click the link in my 1st post it has the same color. The kit they show is with a nav setup. The diagram shows the one I got.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I do kinda like that with the brownstone interior, but I think the full kit is a little too much....theres even a trim ring around the ignition? :D I don't think even super expensive luxury makers put that much wood trim in their cars.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car dosen't have the leather, I have the grey interior. I don't like it with the brown leather interior (The browns blend to much). This kit actually looks small compared to the one in my VUE since the dash on the Nox is more like a wrap around cockpit. I would like pieces for the top console and the top vents. Everyone who has seen it likes it but to each their own. My brother in law liked the one in the VUE and now this one so much we are going to do his Epidition. He says the kit makes the interior look like a Lexus. My wife loves it ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
RNOX said:
Installed a dashkit on the NOX. Took about 1 hour. I have pictures but the wife only can download to the laptop (She has a system). Looks like the one on this link .. Came out nice http://www.bitrimdatabase.com/diagramview1_new_1.php?id=WD951A&db=FWD

The one I have is a little different than the picture but exaclty what the diagram shows
Looks nice, especially around the gear shifter and cup holders.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
Installed a dashkit on the NOX. Took about 1 hour. I have pictures but the wife only can download to the laptop (She has a system). Looks like the one on this link .. Came out nice http://www.bitrimdatabase.com/diagramview1_new_1.php?id=WD951A&db=FWD

The one I have is a little different than the picture but exaclty what the diagram shows
installed dashkit on my Terrain now the problem. There's a TSB about your dvd/cd sticking in the player....They have to remove the trim and replace...Cheaper to buy new dashkit then replace the 5 pieces of dashkit thats on the trim their going to remove Heat gun will not remove dashkit pieces so that they can be put back on......

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far no problems with my CD player. TSB's are for when people encounter problems. Do you have the details of the TSB?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
So far no problems with my CD player. TSB's are for when people encounter problems. Do you have the details of the TSB?
#PI0124
CD/DVD Will not eject from Instrument Panel Mounted Player(May 10,2010)
Botton line, cd/dvd catches on lip of trim if it wasn't installed just right
Mine is doing it.....

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
RNOX said:
My car dosen't have the leather, I have the grey interior. I don't like it with the brown leather interior (The browns blend to much). This kit actually looks small compared to the one in my VUE since the dash on the Nox is more like a wrap around cockpit. I would like pieces for the top console and the top vents. Everyone who has seen it likes it but to each their own. My brother in law liked the one in the VUE and now this one so much we are going to do his Epidition. He says the kit makes the interior look like a Lexus. My wife loves it ;)
full kit for mine included vents and the door panels front and rear only thing i wish they would have included was the chrome latch for top storage area as the sun reflects off of it, I've since cut cloth duct tape to fit it that matches the dash . its dull and matches really well. decided to use tape instead of paintting it like others so that it can be removed for resale

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the picture. I have the 2 tone dash.. Asking the wife to download the pictures. I looked at TSB's didn't see one for the CD player. I looked only on the Nox though or maybe the site I'm looking at has not updated

·
Registered
297 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
full kit for mine included vents and the door panels front and rear only thing i wish they would have included was the chrome latch for top storage area as the sun reflects off of it, I've since cut cloth duct tape to fit it that matches the dash . its dull and matches really well. decided to use tape instead of paintting it like others so that it can be removed for resale
Very nice, fourmoremariine! Love the look of the dashkit with the monotone dash. If we had the monotone dash, we would definitely get the dashkit. But with us having the jet black/brownstone interior, I don't think I'd be able to find a color we would like.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not sure I like the dash kit on the dash. It looks stick on with all the places for the buttons and symbols just sticking out like a sore thumb. Now, it looks great on the center console though.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts