GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed cross rails no problem, I have an old Sears 18cu ft Hardshell Cargo Carrier that doesn't line up with the cross bars in their only 4 lock down positions. Do I drill holes in the side rails to accomodate the cargo carrier or redrill the cargo carrier to get it to fit the crossbars?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
DanO said:
Installed cross rails no problem, I have an old Sears 18cu ft Hardshell Cargo Carrier that doesn't line up with the cross bars in their only 4 lock down positions. Do I drill holes in the side rails to accomodate the cargo carrier or redrill the cargo carrier to get it to fit the crossbars?
I'd go with whichever is easier, and seems more secure - duh ! I'd let you decide. Sorry, without seeing the carrier, it is tough to decide. I would be afraid of slipping with the drill and hitting the roof with the chuck, or drilling right though to the outside of the rail - I am a chicken with a drill around my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have decided to redrill the carrier rather than risk screwing up the side rails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts