GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,409 Posts
how about a picture of the whole car - to put it in perspective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIT333 said:
how about a picture of the whole car - to put it in perspective.
yea will do Rit...this time will wait untill sun is not beating down on it with all of the reflections.I just thought with the chrome allready around the outter edges of the windows this would bring it all together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RNOX said:
Have them on my Nox. Now when I look at other Noxs without them they look plain ;)
I know I went in wondering ok are you gonna screw this up LOL,am totally satisfied with the look and the quality..it took me all of about 30 minutes to do the six pieces.I know after awhile the black shows alot of spots(if you do not stay on top of it)and the worse thing that happens is I remove them down the road and have a black pillar(with a little work)allmost back to new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I have been thinking about this myself. They look good. Can you give some more details on the installation? What is the 6th piece? I under stand the 4 pcs for the door posts, I just don't understand where the 6th pc goes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
shardin said:
I have been thinking about this myself. They look good. Can you give some more details on the installation? What is the 6th piece? I under stand the 4 pcs for the door posts, I just don't understand where the 6th pc goes...
The extra 2 pieces cover the small strip between the rear window and rear vent window. They adhere with 3M grey tape. You clean well 1st with rubbing alcohol and then just press in place. The same attachment is used for the rear letters or dealer plates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
My Compliments! Looks great with the mirror covers and the door handles. Nice work. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I did the door handles, and love it! I am going to do mirrors as well, and possibly grill, I kinda like the black grill though. I have not done the window post just because they are not an option from GMC. I am worried about resale value. if you remove them how does it affect paint? I had dealer take off their plake off the rear of my truck, and you cannot tell it was ever there. I wonder has anyone seen a place that sells crome covers for luggage rack?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paulfdoig said:
I did the door handles, and love it! I am going to do mirrors as well, and possibly grill, I kinda like the black grill though. I have not done the window post just because they are not an option from GMC. I am worried about resale value. if you remove them how does it affect paint? I had dealer take off their plake off the rear of my truck, and you cannot tell it was ever there. I wonder has anyone seen a place that sells crome covers for luggage rack?
The black pillars are actually like glass so I do not see any problem removing the chrome pillar posts,just use a hair dryer to heat up a bit maybe and then clean off any residue left on the surface.I know the SLE on mine comes off very easy with a credit card.I am still waiting for the mirror covers and door handle covers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Snowgov said:
My Compliments! Looks great with the mirror covers and the door handles. Nice work. :cheers:
A ctually not my car but I did put on Chrome mirror covers and handles :D Looks like mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Chrome pillars were the first mod I put on my Terrain. With an SLT2, the mirrors, door handles and side rails are chrome as standard. I felt the piano black of the pillars looked out of place. I picked mine up on EBay after researching them for a bit. You have to be careful to weed out the chromed plastic vs. chromed stainless steel. These are probably the most cost effective appearance upgrade you can do. I have even seen them cropping up at car dealerships.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Those look great :thumb: I have been looking at those and It appears stainless is the way to go instead of the chrome plastic. Well I guess I know where some of my next paycheck is going!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top