GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Do you know if its possible to replace the lame low beams reflectors on a LT with a projector lens like in the LTZ ?

Its a shame you have to get the LTZ to get projectors !!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think there was supposed to be an SS (Super Sport) model that didn't make it. Not sure what it was supposed to consist of, probably not the engine out of the Vette, probably just cosmetic items.

·
Registered
115 Posts
dang at those prices, you probably could have just gotten an LTZ.

But I must say, the projector lamps are the nicest that I have ever used, easily better than the after-market 150W Hellas that I have used in the past.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your answers.. I think I will just change the bulbs for brighter ones.

Do you guys know what type of bulbs are in there for the low beams ?

I should get my 2010 Equinox at the end of march.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Yes - very easy to get at. As a fellow that I worked with used to say RTFM ! (corrected, typo - really !)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone installed a HID conversion kit on a 2010 Equinox ?

That would be interesting to share your experience.

What kit ? On reflectors or projectors ? Pics ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
KoRn said:
On reflectors or projectors ?
Just want to add never ever put HID in reflectors housing for the sake of the other drivers on the road. The glare will all over the place and you will end up blinding incoming traffic.

I personally rage when I see a retard putting HID conversation kit in reflector housing and I feel like breaking the headlight assembly with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
^^^ I will second that, please DONT use HID's in a reflector housing. They are not made for it and you will blind oncoming traffic. It is illegal and you could get pulled over and ticketed depending on the police in your area. HID's should only be used in projectors as there is a "cutoff" point built in which does not allow light above it to blind other drivers. Please Google "HID's in reflectors", "HID Cutoff" etc... and read through the results. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts