GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community! I really need your guys help. My inner braking lights went out on both sides as you can see in the photos. The day time photo the right side is working. The night photo both are out. The car is clean title and ain’t under bumper to bumper anymore. Has anyone has this issue. I’m hoping it’s soemthing small as these are led lights they will need to replace the whole part if they are broken. Took it to the dealer and they told me thing it back as it will take a long time to diagnose and $135 to try to find the issue. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
LED's usually will not go bad on both sides at the same time.
Check to see if you have voltage to the brake/tail light assembly.
If not, a wiring diagram will help to back track the circuit to see where you are losing power.

If you do have voltage to the tail light assembly, check your connections, and use a fused jumper to test to see which LED's will turn on.
Last step willbe to check your grounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LED's usually will not go bad on both sides at the same time.
Check to see if you have voltage to the brake/tail light assembly.
If not, a wiring diagram will help to back track the circuit to see where you are losing power.

If you do have voltage to the tail light assembly, check your connections, and use a fused jumper to test to see which LED's will turn on.
Last step willbe to check your grounds.
Thanks for the help. I’m really a noob but first thing I’m going to try is test the fuses. The wiring and stuff is to complicated for me.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I can only see 2 of the four pictures.
Hard to see any lights other than the high center light on the outside picture.
On the 2nd from the top, it appears all the lights are working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts