GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the black/titanium leather seats and just discovered a red ink mark on the drivers headrest, it looks like it was made by a ballpoint pen. I don't use a red pen for anything so I'm thinking it was done at the dealership and I just never noticed it before now. Anyway, I know it's tough to get an ink mark off leather but I'm hoping someone on the forum might know a trick I haven't heard about.

So far I've tried warm soapy water and tried hair spray someone told me about but neither worked. I have also heard rubbing alcohol works but haven't tried that. I'm afraid if I try too many things I may end up damaging the leather and making it look worse then the ink mark. I'm beginning to wish I would have gotten the complete black interior. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
denatured alcohol is best for no damage, not rubbing or isopropyl. usually can be found at lowes or the like.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Don B said:
I have the black/titanium leather seats and just discovered a red ink mark on the drivers headrest,
FYI - I'd guess that the headrest is really vinyl. Seems like they use very little actual leather - only the actual seating surfaces. Google should be able to provide some good cleaning "solutions".

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RIT333 said:
FYI - I'd guess that the headrest is really vinyl. Seems like they use very little actual leather - only the actual seating surfaces. Google should be able to provide some good cleaning "solutions".
After doing some surfing, three names that keep popping up are Lexol, Zaino, and Pinnacle leather & vinyl cleaner. Any one had any experience with any of those? Lexol advertises it will remove just about any stain.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Don B said:
After doing some surfing, three names that keep popping up are Lexol, Zaino, and Pinnacle leather & vinyl cleaner. Any one had any experience with any of those? Lexol advertises it will remove just about any stain.
Are the front and rear headrest identical (except for the ink) ? If so just switch them !

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RIT333 said:
Are the front and rear headrest identical (except for the ink) ? If so just switch them !
I might be able to do that, but then it would still be there, only on the back seat headrest. I would rather get rid of it if possible.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Don B said:
I might be able to do that, but then it would still be there, only on the back seat headrest. I would rather get rid of it if possible.
Humm - I have the same interior. and I never lock my car when it's in my garage. Don't even think about it !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Whatever solution u use, use the magic eraser. It helps alot. I use it on my walls at home due to my son the picasso thinking he can draw anywhere. Works great

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RIT333 said:
Humm - I have the same interior. and I never lock my car when it's in my garage. Don't even think about it !
What was that address again?

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Don B said:
What was that address again?
I'll put a BIG red X on all of my headrests, so you can be sure to recognize my car ! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts