GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out doing some errands and OnStar came on unsolicited and mentioned their cellphone service was available and then hung up!!! Now I know why the dealer scooted out of the car when they first connected us to OnStar for the initial presentation. I refused the cellphone thing and declined any offers

I have never had a car with OnStar before. How often does this happen? I find this sort of contact intrusive and was not happy about it. I don't do a lot of driving and have pretty much resolved what I won't be renewing in 6 months. Does OnStar haunt you when it comes time to renew and you don't?

So far, this is the only thing I don't like about my 'Nox--that and the fact that there's no homelink. I am getting 23mpg around town and have had no cranky start-ups and no issues.

·
Registered
194 Posts
On Star will generally ask once for the renewal. I like having it but always tell them it's too much. I mentioned that to teh adviser last week and suddenly it got $50 cheaper a year. I use the diagnostic package on both my cars but have decided to cut the link -- I may keep it for the Nox (my wife's car) at the reduced price and I use the OnStart navigation when I need it (they will charge $10 a month but you can turn it on only when you use it and end up paying 20-30 bucks a year if you us it more for long vacation drives etc.

My feeling is they should supply OS automatically and charge only for your usage -- say $5 a month for the basic package -- but everytime you call for assistence or use the nav -- charge you 2-3-4 bucks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
My feeling is they should supply OS automatically and charge only for your usage -- say $5 a month for the basic package -- but everytime you call for assistence or use the nav -- charge you 2-3-4 bucks.
I like the $5 plus usage. I've paid for mine for my Rendezvous for 5 years and never used it once. :-\ I live alone and have it for the piece of mind in case I accidentally do lock my keys inside (it would take about 2 hours for my parents to go to my house to get my spare and then come back to me) and in case of a severe accident (which I've been the victim of two.) I did use it once in my last car when I became disabled in the middle of nowhere. I'm surprised GM hasn't tried some smaller package like an emergency response only for a small monthly fee and then charge for anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts