GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how long this takes? Do you need to leave it on AUX for it to work? Does it only do it once?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just set up a 4 gig with a bunch of mp3's. It took less than a minute to read the file structure. Love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...I'm using my 120gb zune and it's taking forever to index. It'll play songs while it's doing it, but I can't search or even change the song playing. I only have about 10 -12 gb of music on there. I hope it doesn't have to do this each time I start the car. Anyone else running into this issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whatever the latest version is, not really sure. I will check and post later. Hopefully once it indexes it won't do it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....I guess we truely live in an ipod world. Found out that the ipod uses it's own indexing and all you have to do is plug it in and no waiting. Works perfectly. Returned the zune, bought an ipod......bingo! Sorry Zune....way too slowwwwwww.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not true. It was recognized as a zune. Then it indexed and indexed and never finished. Oh well...if it doesn't work right out of he box back it goes. Ipod worked great right out of th box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My iPhone 3GS indexes the same songs multiple times when connected. So one file is listed several times. Anyone have a solution?

Previous: 1999 Chevy Lumina Base

Current: 2012 GMC Terrain SLT2 AWD V6
20 mpg average

·
Registered
17 Posts
My older IPod indexes each time the car is started. It is hooked up to USB. I just leave it in the "well". Problem is that you cannot use voice commands until indexing is completed.

It would be nice to be able to write these IPod songs onto the remaining 10 GB of hard drive that GMC says exists in the sound system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts