GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumped in a bottle of the Lucas fuel treatment and picked up 2 MPG. I thought I was going crazy so I had a buddy try a bottle in his Honda and he picked up 3 MPG. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience? Would it hurt to run a bottle in every tank? Lucas says no but I wanted the boards opinion. I'm currently at 8900 miles on the Terrain

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put bottle of lucas in every oil change............$5.00 per botlle.......$13.00 for big bottle .but u have to measure it out.....Canadian Tire...........

·
Registered
52 Posts
Isn't it just like an octane booster? Would going up a few grades in gas do the same thing?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Was this test based on only one single fillup?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used to put Lucas in my diesel Suburban. It is good for lubrication of the injection pump after the EPA removed sulfur in the fuel. Haven't tried it in the Equinox but I think I have some left over. Couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been using this product for MANY years and it is at best a preventative measure. It does NOT repeat, does NOT increase your your fuel efficiency 2 MPGs! I stand firm on this... :thumb:

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
mdh4psu said:
I have been using this product for MANY years and it is at best a preventative measure. It does NOT repeat, does NOT increase your your fuel efficiency 2 MPGs! I stand firm on this... :thumb:
Besides, if it really did increase MPG, then Exxon-Mobil would have bought out this company long-ago, and taken the product off the market. :rofl:

·
Registered
371 Posts
dogger37 said:
I'm just stating what I experienced. I can say for sure that I got a 2MPG increase.
Try not using it for a few tanks, I would bet your mpg doesn't drop.

·
Registered
468 Posts
This thread peaked my interest and since its cheap I will also try it out and post my results. I bought some cheapo STP additive and will see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
371 Posts
cottonseed said:
This thread peaked my interest and since its cheap I will also try it out and post my results. I bought some cheapo STP additive and will see if that makes any difference.
This is just my 2 cents, but I would not use that cheap junk.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Love it...fuel treatment: 2mph...Nitro in tires: 2mph...Syn oil: 2mph...Zaino claybar + wind resistant slick wax reflective finish:2mph....double layered windshield with RainX:1.8mph...slicker Chrome grill: .005mph...Sharkfin antenna: .0003mph. We are now getting almost sticker rating mpg and at high speed..! We may even add a chrome curved aerodynamic bug shield high shined with mirror dazzle spray. You reckon that would do anything? ;D

·
Registered
371 Posts
IceMan said:
Love it...fuel treatment: 2mph...Nitro in tires: 2mph...Syn oil: 2mph...Zaino claybar + wind resistant slick wax reflective finish:2mph....double layered windshield with RainX:1.8mph...slicker Chrome grill: .005mph...Sharkfin antenna: .0003mph. We are now getting almost sticker rating mpg and at high speed..! We may even add a chrome curved aerodynamic bug shield high shined with mirror dazzle spray. You reckon that would do anything? ;D
lmao

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
With all of those "mods" we would start overflowing gas from our gas tank as we drove. :cheers: :cheers:

Very funny...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL i wasn't trying to cause an MPG war. I've tried many types of fuel treatment over the years and Lucas is the only one that has ever done this.

TRY A FREAKING BOTTLE OF LUCAS AND PROVE ME WRONG! :shrug:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've used it multiple times in multiple vehicles. Not a bit of mpg increase for me in any of them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts