GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if $1K Conquest/$1K Loyalty/$500 waiver of 60 day return incentives still available after 1/4/10. I don't think I'm going to be a very happy camper if a vehicle I ordered back in November loses at least the $1500 I was expecting. Also was to get Credit Union pricing and I don't see that anymore either.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
Same concerns for me, except I ordered my Equinox on Oct. 12th, and still no idea when it will be built, and every month I lose more incentives. I am P-O'ed !

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wouldn't most of the [cash] incentives already be factored into the purchase agreement that you theoretically signed? When I put in the factory order for my terrain, I had to sign a purchase agreement (which basically states that I intend to buy vehicle X with configuration Y at price Z). All of the incentives at the time (December $1000 holiday bonus, etc) are all factored into the price that I signed off on. Whether or not the dealership can claim those rebates when the actual sales goes through sometime in February is between them and GM. But I signed off on cash price "$X plus destination fees plus GST".

Granted, non-cash incentives might not stick. My dealership warned me of this very point when I factory ordered, mostly relating to GMAC financing rates. They specifically mentioned that they couldn't guarantee any currently advertised rate, and that GMAC is very tight on this policy. If my car comes in March, I pay the March rate, period.

GM's obviously still not setting sales records though, so more incentives will certainly come down the pipe.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer was very careful to build in incentive credits "available at time of delivery" language. At least they were up front with me on the issue and clearly told me they had no idea what might be available when the car finally made it to the dealership.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went to GM website back in Dec and did the Instant Message chat thing with one of the representative about this subject. The waver of the 60 day return of vehicle was extended a couple weeks, but it was set to end yesterday I believe (unless it was extended again). The 'Conquest' incentive she said should still be good well into 2010 and probably longer.

So yeah, my incentive was $1500 now $1000. I'm glad I took the opportunity to sell my "trade-in" on e-bay for a few thousands more than the dealer was going to give me (figured I'd might as well use the long wait to my advantage), or i'd be somewhat annoyed at the vanishing incentives.

KJ

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well fellow Terrain/Equinox orderers, we LOSE. GM has announced that the new Loyalty Cash of $1k (for ANY 1999 up GM owner) will not apply to the Nox or the Terrain. Evidently, they don't care about GM loyalty anymore. Quite frankly, as an 07 Saturn Vue owner, I was a little concerned about buying any GM vehicle again as my car is worth about 1/3 of what I paid for it 2 1/2 yrs ago. The math..and residual value...sucks. I was willing to lose the state sales tax deduction by waiting until after 2010 for my car, now that I'm losing another $1K, I may have to rethink this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In order you to get the 60-day return, you didn't get any other promotions or offers according to GM. There were very few cases of people actually returning the vehicles. You would have to be a pretty hesitant buyer to actually want the 60-day return. This is what test drive is for people. Something would have to go seriously wrong for you to want to return the vehicle.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scottyyyc: Believe me, I didn't even think of wanting to return the vehicle...I wanted a $500 credit toward the purchase. I spent my time on a site like this, test drives, and researched the car first. I knew what I wanted....the $500 off the purchase price...not a chance to return it! And $1500 total as incentives means a lot to me...maybe not to you.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now, looks as if the only incentive GM has for the Nox/Terrain is what you can negotiate off MSRP w/the dealer. Funny, yesterday I get a $1000 Loyalty coupon in the mail from Saturn that I CAN'T use as the Terrain is excluded. I'm looking at another 3-4 weeks before my ordered Terrain hits the dealership---maybe GM will add something in early February!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
The conquest rebate is still out there. $1000. IF you have a registered non-GM car in your house.

When I got mine the saleslady messed up but they did right by me by adjusting the price.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANK YOU Joe. I was unaware of that. I have a 2009 BMW 5 Series as well...that should get me the $1K Conquest Cash. You made my day!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is one other option for those of you that are GM Card holders. They should have maxed out your earnings to $2000 until 2/1/10 and this can be used towards a Terrain or Equinox.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
CWGrizzwold said:
There is one other option for those of you that are GM Card holders. They should have maxed out your earnings to $2000 until 2/1/10 and this can be used towards a Terrain or Equinox.
That is what got me mine. I was about to pack it in and ride out the Acadia lease for 3 months, but they upped my earnings from $1200 to $2000. When the dealer pulled them he actually got $2100+.

That coupled with the dealer screwing up, I got a sweet deal.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Join a credit union if you can that has the GM discount. I paid less than $100 over invoice and got incentives.

·
Registered
49 Posts
brisket_lover said:
Join a credit union if you can that has the GM discount. I paid less than $100 over invoice and got incentives.
CWGrizzwold said:
One thing to keep in mind is that you can't use most GM Card earnings and the credit union pricing. https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-gmpop/virtual/pages/html/cud/faq.html#q12 Having said that, when I placed my order my dealer gave me the credit union pricing straight up - that is as just their offer with no tie to the credit union/supplier pricing - so that I could still use my GM car earnings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When i ordered my terrain, the dealer itemized $1500 in rebates on the buyers order. Is the dealer obligated to honor these, even if the rebates are no longer available??

·
Registered
446 Posts
My wife and I were extremely lucky on our purchase this last weekend. We had a GM Card special (they increased our normal GM card rebate) and a $1000 loyalty available to us. What ticked me off was that these only came out 30 days ago, and expired on Feb 1st. GM KNOWS that the 'Nox and Terrain are both in short supply. Why would they set a short time on these incentives when very few were available, at least in our area. Fortunately for us though, a 'Nox with the setup like we wanted appeared at the last second and we were able to use the incentives. If it hadn't been for that luck, we would have had to waited until much later in the year before getting our 'Nox. Very upsetting to us that they were that short sighted. We had a happy ending though...

·
Registered
137 Posts
We experienced the same thing. Ours was ordered on November 20th. Build date was 1/28 so we had the Equinox Vin number before the GM card incentive expired and the loyalty bucks. SO we did A-OK! But still waiting for it to get to the dealership.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts