GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So 3 weeks ago yesterday I purchased a used 2010 terrain. It's a year old with 20,700 miles on it. It was traded in by the dealerships financer's wife.

I haven't even made my first payment yet and I'm starting to think that I should have held out for a 2011 with at least one of the features I don't get in this vehicle: the steering wheel radio controls. Ok, I know what you're thinking....big deal right? Well yea it is to me. When I purchased my previous car in 2003 it had controls on the steering wheel and a sunroof which are 2 of my must have's. But somehow I feel as if I settled because I got a pretty good price. This car doesn't have the sunroof either. I know I can get one installed.

Anyway, I was on the dealer's website today and I noticed that they have 2012's listed at MSRP and Internet price for $26,000. My question is: Can I bring my car back and see if I can get into a newer model? Is that even an option?

·
Registered
87 Posts
if it has been three weeks then they have probably already gone through the title process and there is no turning back without losing a lot of $$$.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
FS1980 said:
So 3 weeks ago yesterday I purchased a used 2010 terrain. It's a year old with 20,700 miles on it. It was traded in by the dealerships financer's wife.

Anyway, I was on the dealer's website today and I noticed that they have 2012's listed at MSRP and Internet price for $26,000. My question is: Can I bring my car back and see if I can get into a newer model? Is that even an option?
I would think that they would try to accomodate you, and since you got a good deal, you shouldn't lose too much money.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Huh?..what am I missing? You actually think that because you notice a better deal...after the fact...that it then should apply to you without extra cost..or considered a trade-in?...and that it's the dealer's fault. I've never known life to work quite that way....

·
Registered
949 Posts
...I don't think they are blaming it on the dealer. ..Just having a little buyers remorse.

It's worth talking to them about it. They might be willing to accommodate you, since you'd be buying a new vehicle. Worth discussing, at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey IceMan calm down. I'm not blaming anything on the dealer. I know that I'd have to pay more for a newer model. I am just trying to get advice on how to handle trading in my current vehicle when I've only had it 3 weeks, haven't received the title and registration, and haven't even made my first payment! So thanks but no thanks on your input.....I have a pretty good handle on how life works.

To Sumr616 and RIT333, THANKS for the positive comments, I'll take all the positivity I can get right now :)

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
FS1980 said:
Hey IceMan calm down. I'm not blaming anything on the dealer. I know that I'd have to pay more for a newer model. I am just trying to get advice on how to handle trading in my current vehicle when I've only had it 3 weeks, haven't received the title and registration, and haven't even made my first payment! So thanks but no thanks on your input.....I have a pretty good handle on how life works.

To Sumr616 and RIT333, THANKS for the positive comments, I'll take all the positivity I can get right now :)
I'm very calm. Just didn't understand what all you are trying to accomplish. However..it's always been my experience that you do take a big hit on a new car as soon as you drive it off the lot. If trying to trade again in a matter of weeks (for whatever)it seems there would be a quite noticable financial loss. So you're only looking for positive advice on how to do a trade in now...and no thanks to any other kind of input. Hey that's cool..but just not very realistic...but then that may be the farthest thing from your mind. Maybe you won't lose thousands of dollars..or perhaps it wouldn't matter even if you did. For some it seems that is exactly how life works...as long as a new loan extention doesn't make the payment change much. Hell..I could be wrong. As a matter of fact...hope that I am.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think it's worth a try; it can't hurt to go talk to them. You’re going to take a little hit on the trade in but who cares if it's really what you want and it's not going to affect the payment that much. Go For It!!!

PS Never buy anything you’re not going to be completely happy with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you EVERYONE for the advice. And IceMan, sorry I freaked :-\

This is totally stressing me out obviously! I just want to be happy. I am going to talk to the dealership this week and see what's going on. The dealership I bought the car from only has new SLE-2's and I presume it would jack up the payment dramatically.

What I'm up against now is that I found a used 2011 SLE-2 in the color I want with 15,000 less miles on it than the one SLE-1 I'm in now. It's about $3000 more and it's at a different dealership.

The plot thickens.....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would also recommend discussing this with the dealer directly. They will be able to go over your options with you. Please feel free to keep us posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts