GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited! This will be my first new car ever. I've always purchased used cars. Anyway, I'm getting the 1LT Mocha Steel with Premium Jet Black cloth interior. It took me a while to find this one for a reasonable amount. Every dealer I went to really wouldn't budge much on the price.

Chevy says there isn't a break in period for a new vehicle anymore but I'm not so sure I believe that...Should I baby it the first few hundred miles?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrat's! My Equinox is enroute to the dealer now, should be here in a few days. Mine will be my first new car also. For break in I would just drive normally, trying to avoid going over 4,000 rpm's, and avoid long highway driving for the first few hundred miles.

·
Registered
371 Posts
There actually is a stated break-in for the our cars.

From the manual..

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congratulations! Brought my Equinox home a week ago last night; absolutely love the vehicle ;D

Enjoy the weekend and your new toy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats ! I purchased two Equinox LTZ about two weeks ago, and have no regrets.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! So far I love it. It's such a nice vehicle. I can't believe all the features it has. After browsing the owners manual, I did notice the breaking in advice. For some reason the Mocha Steel color was hard to find. I had to travel an hour away to a dealer that had the one I wanted. Once I figure out how to upload pics, I will do so.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Congrats !!!

Hope you fall in love with her like so many of us have...

·
Registered
18 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Congrats !!!

Hope you fall in love with her like so many of us have...
Ditto!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts