GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
It's a fund for people set up with similar interests to help other people out if they are having a rough go of it.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's a fund for people set up with similar interests to help other people out if they are having a rough go of it.
I mean, why should I set one up? I'm sure nobody really cares about my issues. I've lost all faith in humanity years ago 😅

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'm glad you're okay. Is that black box towards the middle at the top a fuel pump? If it is, its huge!
I think that is the Evap Canister.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,820 Posts
Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
9 Posts
I kind of recall a section in the owners manual that very clearly stated that the shiny side was to be kept up. Glad you 'walked away' from it.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
oh oh... those 2 rear wheels look fairly bald.... hydroplane along with wind?
glad youre ok.

I also wondered about that CV axle. I changed out the pass side one in my V6 yesterday.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
oh oh... those 2 rear wheels look fairly bald.... hydroplane along with wind?
glad youre ok.

I also wondered about that CV axle. I changed out the pass side one in my V6 yesterday.
Funny thing about the tires, I had some ordered, but they wouldn't get here until Sunday.. the day right after this happened 😅

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just a quick update. After Geico kept talking about taking it to a body shop, they've decided to total it. Hopefully I'll be able to pay off the loan, that I took out to get it in the first place, with the payout money

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,820 Posts
Just a quick update. After Geico kept talking about taking it to a body shop, they've decided to total it. Hopefully I'll be able to pay off the loan, that I took out to get it in the first place, with the payout money
I just plugged some numbers into kbb.com (2015 Nox LT, 2.4L engine, white, 100,000 miles, Sarasota zip, "Very Good" condition) and it came back with a "Private Party" range of $10.2-$12.9k).

So I'm guessing that - even though your vehicle was upside-down, it doesn't appear that your loan was! Good Luck!

Reactions: Crypt_Thief

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just plugged some numbers into kbb.com (2015 Nox LT, 2.4L engine, white, 100,000 miles, Sarasota zip, "Very Good" condition) and it came back with a "Private Party" range of $10.2-$12.9k).

So I'm guessing that - even though your vehicle was upside-down, it doesn't appear that your loan was! Good Luck!
Paid off the loan. Still have $1,800 left for a replacement. Looking at one of my dream cars, a 1986 Mercedes 190e for $2k

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
So, based on circumstances and availability. This is my new ride:

2019 Honda Civic Sport sedan with the 2.0l K20C2 engine. This engine is so weird, the exhaust manifold is built into the head, so there's just a single exhaust pipe that comes out of the head and down.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
like my sis... always a GM buyer.
67 Nova, then 2003 Impala, then 2008 Buick Lucerne, 2010 Silverado....
but does not have a need for SUV.
She still has the Nova and Silverado.

She looked for replacement for the Lucerne. No more car Buicks or Chev. (she really liked that Buick Station wagon). I searched for any new leftover LARGE passenger cars.
Anyways.... she ended up going with a 2021 Toyota. The biggest passenger car they offer the Hybrid Avalon.

Shes always liked the larger cars. shes not an old lady either... currently only 45. Only. was in her 20s when she bought the larger Impala then Lucerne.
And shes not a big lady that needs the size.. she only weighs 125 lbs.....

Reactions: kbz1960
21 - 37 of 37 Posts