GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know if I should take this down.

Here are some pics of a 2015 Equinox LT vs. Palm Tree (undercarriage pic for anyone interested). I'm fine, I crawled out the back window and walked away, seat belts save lives people!

I'll get some pics of it tomorrow when it's upright.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was actually interested in the undercarriage picture. Sorry for you loss thank you for the good pictures... I cant believe the roof rails popped off and everything that's a lot of carnage.. Don't feel bad that looks like some pretty nasty conditions.. a lady hit a palm tree this week in my town and tried to drive off with 2 flat tires stuck in the grass its pretty common... I hit a tree down in the road you could make some good money parting that thing out... everyone needs 2.4 parts. We will be looking for more pics whenever there up thanks for sharing and glad your okay.

·
Registered
2011 GMC TERRAIN SLT-2 3.0L V6 (LF1)
47 Posts
Yikes.
Glad your ok brother.
Indeed, seat belts and airbags work.
You probably would have been tossed around if you weren't buckled in.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Wow what happened, that is pretty serious glad you made it.
I was noticeing how well the gas tank is protected in the first pic.
Are you going to buy another Equinox?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow what happened, that is pretty serious glad you made it.
I was noticeing how well the gas tank is protected in the first pic.
Are you going to buy another Equinox?
Gust of wind blew the ass end around, I tried to correct and the wind came around and hit the other side and spun me around. Tree took care of the rest.
No more anything for me for a while. There was still a little over $9k left on it before it was paid off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where in FL are you? I'm in Sarasota and we had some nasty storms come through yesterday and more today. Glad you're ok. I doubt they'll pay off your note. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where in FL are you? I'm in Sarasota and we had some nasty storms come through yesterday and more today. Glad you're ok. I doubt they'll pay off your note. Good luck with everything.
This happened in Lakewood Ranch. So not far from SRQ at all lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Glad you're OK.

2014 Terrain SLE-2 /Silver Sky Metallic / 3.6 L V6 / AWD / Pioneer Stereo / 85,600 miles as of March 2021

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mercy glad you are ok...the hell with the vehicle you are dam lucky I'd play the LOTTO if I were you

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I was gonna say ... "tornado". Just saw a car flipped like that in Seneca SC by an EF1 Tornado. Maybe the same line of storms?

Looks like it snapped the CV joint at the wheel end?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Civic Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was gonna say ... "tornado". Just saw a car flipped like that in Seneca SC by an EF1 Tornado. Maybe the same line of storms?

Looks like it snapped the CV joint at the wheel end?
I think it was that same line of storms, they did come from the north. Axles are intact lol

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I think it was that same line of storms, they did come from the north. Axles are intact lol
That's not a CV half-axle sitting in the rear cargo area (against the driver's side)?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
GoFundMe?
Worth a shot.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts