GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's just say some of the complaints are enlightening while others are, ummm, "interesting"... :)

Link to COMPLAINTS for my 2020 AWD: 2020 CHEVROLET EQUINOX SUV AWD | NHTSA

"TURNING RIGHT AFTER A YIELD AND TOOK A LOOP (HIGHWAY) MY VEHICLE CRASHED ANOTHER VEHICLE FROM BEHIND, BUT MY VEHICLE SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN AUTO WARNING OR ALERT SIGN THAT I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED, A BEEP THAT SUPPOSED TO ALERT ME THAT THE OTHER VEHICLE WAS SO CLOSE EVEN THE SWITCH WAS AT THE ON MODE"

No, YOU are supposed to be paying attention and YOU crashed into the other vehicle. Did the cop give you a ticket or did the cop give the car a ticket? As an aside, this will become a real issue when self-driving cars finally do arrive.

"ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN ON CLOSEST SETTING WILL NOT STOP THE CAR WHEN YOU ARE GOING OVER 60MPH, WHEN A CAR DRASTICALLY SLOWS DOWN IN FRONT OF YOU THE CAR FAILS TO RESPOND IN FACT THE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL SHUTS OFF AND IVE PRACTICALLY HIT THE VEHICLE IN FRONT OF ME MANY TIMES ..

ITS HARD TO TRUST THIS SYSTEM..AND THE OTHER DAY IT JUST SHUT OFF ALL TOGETHER WITHOUT A HARD WARNING I COULD HAVE PLOWED INTO THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME. ALSO THE LANE ASSIST DOES NOT BEEP/OR SEAT RATTLE WHEN YOU VEER FROM YOUR LANE. IT BEEPS RANDOMLY SOMETIMES WHEN YOU EDGE OUT OF YOUR LANE GOING AROUND A BEND "SOMETIMES" BUT RANDOMLY AND NOT CONSISTENTLY.

IVE TALKED TO CHEVYS CUSTOMER CARE TEAM AND THEY KEEP REFERRING TO THE DEALERSHIP LIKE THEY ARE THE MANUFACTURER..BUT THEY DID NOT DESIGN AND ARE ASSUMING ITS WORKING RIGHT BECAUSE ALL THEIR OTHER SAME MODELS DO THE SAME THINGS..IN MY OPINION THIS DOESNT MEAN ITS NOT A RECALLABLE INHERENT ISSUE WITH ITS CURRENT PROGRAMMING..

I THINK IT IS AND SHOULD BE CORRECTED BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT"

I think what should be corrected is the process that gave you a driver's license and it should be corrected retroactively.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Reading between the lines on those comments I see ''I bought this vehicle with these features so I can text and talk and update my farcebook page or deal with my minuscule daily drama without having to worry about crashing''.
You can't fix stupid...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts