GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just confirming...i went to build a new nox and i wanted remote start along with the premium sound...that was about all i cared about...but when i clicked the pioneer upgrade, it changed my rims to 18's and my engine to the v6...is there any way around this? seems peculiar to add a 400 dollar stereo upgrade and then get dinged 1,750 for other upgrades that are required...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hmm, that's weird, anyone have any idea why? If you get 2LT you can stay with V4 and Pioneer comes standard - are they just trying to make a quick buck and/or force people to go to LT2?

Audio system feature, Pioneer premium 250-watt 8-speaker system, includes mid-range speakers in each door, tweeters in A-pillars, a center channel speaker in upper IP and sub-woofer on the rear shelf. Requires 3.0L DOHC V6 SIDI engine. Not available with 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SIDI engine.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Jeremiah said:
just confirming...i went to build a new nox and i wanted remote start along with the premium sound...that was about all i cared about...but when i clicked the pioneer upgrade, it changed my rims to 18's and my engine to the v6...is there any way around this? seems peculiar to add a 400 dollar stereo upgrade and then get dinged 1,750 for other upgrades that are required...
In the USA, the LT2 can be ordered with the 17" wheels, and the I4 engine, and it comes with the Pioneer Stereo - according to CarsDirect.com

Just re-checked - you are right - If you want the LT1, then the Pioneer bundles in 18" wheels, and the V6. Come on GM, what's up with that !

·
Registered
332 Posts
LT1 here is avail. with Pioneer system as an option by itself. All it requires is that you also get the XM sat.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just messed around more...the 2010's you can add the pioneer on the lt1's without upgrading the other stuff..lol

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
RIT333 said:
In the USA, the LT2 can be ordered with the 17" wheels, and the I4 engine, and it comes with the Pioneer Stereo - according to CarsDirect.com

Just re-checked - you are right - If you want the LT1, then the Pioneer bundles in 18" wheels, and the V6. Come on GM, what's up with that !
Yup, I have an Lt2 with the 17" wheels (which I like better anyway) and the Pioneer stereo. Of course I bought mine off the lot and didn't order..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was going to add that those are the only two options that I did not get on my LTZ (V6 and wheel upgrade).

I guess GM packages everything to maximize their profits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts