GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 2012 terrain sle 1 could i use a iec auloc and tap into the rear sub even if it has the anc and run rca's to my amp for subs ?? if not what about maybe run the iec auloc off door speaker ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Re: iec auloc will it work for adding subs

I used a line out converter for my system, but beware- the stock alternator isn't exactly built for a medium-high power system. My 2 1000w amps pushing 2 12's starts to dim the headlights around volume 18.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did u run the converter off the back sub i was kind of worried maybe it wouldnt work since its there for ANC on the sle 1

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the stock alternator on an SUV cant handle those amps..

i dont think the alternator is the reason for your dimming lights..

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, its ran from the driver side door speaker from under the dash. It was the easiest location for me to hook it up to.

wrusprod- I doubt the 4 banger and the V-6 have the same alternator, but those amps are being pushed to the max from my pioneers. They definatly pull alot of amps when they hit. What reason do you think may be causing my lights to dim?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
yes, the V6 has a bigger alternator...

I wouldnt say its the alternator issue., yes, your amps are drawing power,causing it to dim..pulling demand from the cars electrical system.but its usually the internal power supply of the amp doesnt have enough capacitance.. which is the case with most external amplifiers..

Thats why they have those big capacitor cans for sale at audio stores...

If those amplifiers are really putting out 1000w each..rms...yeah.ha..thats alot of power.

I have a little '99 miata with original alternator, running 2 external amps..one for door speakers, one for 2-8 inch subs..also running a electronic crossover, external 5 disc CD unit and a D/A converter for the CD unit...no dimming lights...I did have an issue in the past with dimming lights with the bass beat...got a new battery..took care of it.

just my opinion..,,and sorry for the off topic OP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts