GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the centre driver info display between the speedometer and the tach there is an icon light showing the number "8" with a bracket around it.

No where in the manual does it explain what this is for

Anyone advise?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2012 Terrain, in the center instrument cluster area (where the speed is displayed digitally).....just to the right of the speed display (between that and the analog speedometer) is an icon that looks kinda like a "box standing vertically.....with the top of it slightly open" is my poor attempt at describing it.......just wondering if anyone knows what that might designate? I have looked at the manual and see nothing like it.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
hillcogolfer said:
On my 2012 Terrain, in the center instrument cluster area (where the speed is displayed digitally).....just to the right of the speed display (between that and the analog speedometer) is an icon that looks kinda like a "box standing vertically.....with the top of it slightly open" is my poor attempt at describing it.......just wondering if anyone knows what that might designate? I have looked at the manual and see nothing like it.
I was not able to find this icon in the manual either. Please contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN and I would be happy to look into this for you. Thanks.

Tricia, GM Custromer Service.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hillcogolfer said:
If you are refering to a little icon on the right side of the digital information screen..then that is a digital numbered 'tab'. If you are using the info screen to display your speed, then the number in the tab should be "1". Use your up and down arrows on you center console to scroll through the different screens of your digital display (Navigation, Trip, blank") and you should see this little icon move, and the number change (depending on what screen you are currently on).

·
Registered
958 Posts
If I'm thinking of the same icon, it means you are a safe following distance from the car in front of you; it will change to yellow if the distance between your vehicle and the one in front is not sufficient (based on the engineer's criteria). You can set up one of the DIC screens to indicate the distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you in time (seconds) as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, I finally found 'it" in the book, err manual. I'll look for the settings soon. I learn something about this vehicle every day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts