GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back during the “Cash for Clunkers” frenzy we decided to trade in the old Explorer before the transmission finally failed. We drive our vehicles until the wheels fall off and we knew we were getting close. We had looked at several SUV crossovers and even tried to test drive a RAV4. They had none on the lot so we gave Equinox a look. Our local dealer had one in stock, a Mocha Steel Metallic LTZ, V6 with AWD, loaded with things we didn’t need and didn’t think we even wanted. After a short test drive, I was hooked.

We have made three long road trips since August and taken a lot of drives just for the fun of it. Now we look for excuses to drive someplace. The only problem we have had so far was self induced. I backed into a low stump next to our rural driveway and crumpled the rear quarter panel lower extension. I was heartsick. Weeks later, when I was washing the car, I discovered that it was no longer dented. I thought this amazing car had healed itself. I later found out that my son had just popped the plastic part back into shape. It was good as new.

After 7,000 miles I still love this car. It’s loads of fun to drive and, thanks to its climate control, sound attenuation and amazing sound system, I’m about as mellow as I have ever been behind the wheel. I have not had to use my middle digit idiot notifier once since we got the Nox. I’m a fair weather bike commuter and better weather is not far off. The real test will be if I can get on the bike in the morning and leave the Nox in the garage.

·
Registered
635 Posts
[/color] I later found out that my son had just popped the plastic part back into shape. It was good as new[/color].
You might want to check the body under the formerly crumpled area. My wife rubbed the entire length of a Montana's plastic cladding at Walmart on a parking barrier. She considered not telling me because the plastic "popped out". I noticed right away when I came home something was amiss(looked a little wavy!). Damage came to $7000 at the body shop. Front fender, sliding door, rear quarter , side cladding and also rear rim all had to be replaced or repaired...Van was less than a year old too! Damage was under the plastic cladding.
Damage to bumper may affect safety in a rear end crash if bumper's crush zone has been compromised[/color].

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing sinister. I live in Oregon's beautiful Rogue Valley

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m about as mellow as I have ever been behind the wheel
I agree. I drive about 40 miles each way to work, and find the drive so much more relaxing since I purchased my Equinox. In addition to the things Rogue LTZ mentioned, I find the seats to be particularly comfortable. I adjusted the seat when I first purchased the car and haven't felt the need to adjust them at all since. I almost hate to get out of the car when I get home at night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts