GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying an I Pad for Xmas.Has anybody used their's with some sort of GPS app or something like that in their Nox and how did it work? Just wondering if you can do that?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just remember to get the 3G enabled iPad not the WiFi only model. Only the 3G has the GPS chip. There are many GPS apps in the app store for the iPad.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i cant imagine mounting an ipad in a decent place for gps.....its not exactly compact.....

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the 3G iPad and the GPS works well enough but like the comment above I wouldn't know where you would mount it short of laying it on the passenger seat. You can also get turn by turn GPS directions through OnStar.

I also have the OnStar app on my iPad that let's you lock/unlock the doors, remote start the vehicle with a visual confirmation and shows gallons of fuel left, mpg, mileage and tire pressures. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would not be a permanent thing.Just to take along if we went on a road trip we would bring it with us anyway.I was just wondering if anybody had one and used it with some sort of GPS app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts